C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Service B Coming up- what is included?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-18-2003, 10:52 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Service B Coming up- what is included?

Hi I have Service B coming up and from old posts it seems like there is a variety of things that are done...and are not done. From my impression it sounds like they just do an oil change and change a couple filters and do a quick check. What have people had done on their B services?
Old 07-18-2003, 01:21 PM

MB C230K
I don't have a "B" check yet, but I was talking to the lead mechanic a few weeks ago about these checks. It seems that when you bring the car in for a "B" they look at the mileage and or in-service date and might add on a few things too - like change the coolant, brake fluid, etc.

So essentially, there are more service levels really than just "A" or "B" - that just gets you to the dealership and then they have a schedule of additional things they will do if necessary.

Perhaps that's why the new "E" class has the A-F service levels.

--Steffen
Old 07-18-2003, 01:53 PM
Admin Alumni

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
See Garage
The basic items covered are listed in your individual service booklet that came with the Owner's manual. (You should present this booklet to the service advisor, so they can stamp it with their service notes.

The main items covered include (but are not limited to):

Change oil and filter
Replace Wiper Blades
Rotate tires
Replace cabin charcoal filter (if equipped and found dirty)
Inspect all systems (tires, brakes, etc.)

Other hard items that don't spring from memory...

They also found a transmission leak (unknown to me) and repaired it without drama.
Old 07-18-2003, 07:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C240 6-spd (ret)
I just took mine yesterday for "B" service (see my other thread). Check your separate maintenance manual -- it lists all the items. Some are just checking things, but I think MB-BOB had most of the items.

Also, there's a notice that the brake fluid must be changed every 2 years. It lists it as a separate service. I just learned the hard way that the service writer needs to list this as a separate item on your ticket -- it was not covered by the "B" service even though my service guy told me 3 times it would be. I have to take it back next week for the brake fluid change. Good luck!
Old 07-20-2003, 12:03 AM
Almost a Member!

C320
I just had service B performed on Friday. Dropped the car off Thursday evening, gave me 2001 Nisson as a loaner, didn't even bother to clean it up.
I don't know what they did for service B. My wife picked the car up, no invoice of work that was performed, nothing updated in the service manual, nothing.
They must of changed the oil (I hope they did), had a Mobil 1 sticker under the hood.
Will have to go back next week to have the service manual updated and find out what they did.

This is my first MB and I am a little disappointed with the way the dealer handled everything.

When my wife went to pick up the car she was directed to it was parked somewhere out side on the side of the building.

I have owned Cadillacs before and had them serviced by different dealers and everytime I was treated better than the MB dealer.

The car was always clean and brought to me, I didn't have to go looking for it.

I felt like I was at a Chevy dealer that a MB dealer.