C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

WTA : china double din head unit nav gps review

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-18-2012, 01:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C180 Kompressor 2003
WTA : china double din head unit nav gps review

i want to replace my oem head unit (single din) to double din, i found on ebay theres a few interesting offer from china made head unit ebay link

it comes with many feature such as : dvd, tuner, ipod, gps, camera support

i want to ask about the quality of the head unit, does anyone ever bought this unit? i have direct connection to the china supplier & the cost of the unit is much cheaper than on ebay listing, its just aboust USD 450/ set
Old 08-18-2012, 02:51 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
SLK55, S65
You get what you pay for. I have done this and switched back to oem.

Its a win ce 5.0 cheap resistive touch screen display.

The display is useless on a sunny day, you can't see anything. Also, the radio drifts (once you tune to a station the signal gets week and you hear lot of static)

The clock is almost useless as soon as you power off and on - it switches back to China time zone and is about 20min off by the GPS clock.

No the clock is not auto updated by the GPS

You cannot switch back between radio/dvd/gps. You have to use MODE button on the display, if you use the touch screen to go home and then to Radio/DVD you will loose the GPS display, but you will hear the GPS voice though.

The bluetooth mic is built into the unit on the bottom left hand side and the reception is not as good as the car's built-in mic. NO you can't use the mic that came with the car. So people think you are calling from a coal mine!

The audio clips a lot, if you are into NPR only this is OK but not very annoying for music listening.

It comes with ipod connector but does not charge or play video from the ipod/ipone/ipad

The GPS is lock/tracking and the navi display is VERY good, the rest of the features or so so. If all you care for is GPS, then this a good unit, otherwise forget it.

Finally, the slot/display is angled towards the driver, so passenger will have hard time watching a movie. In california its against the law to have a DVD playing while driving.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by rgdeja; 08-18-2012 at 02:54 AM.
Old 08-18-2012, 05:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
06 C230 SS 6spd
hey man, to get all your questions out and to make things easier you should start your own thread on your car, that way you can put all your questions in one thread so you can easily get all your answers.
Old 08-18-2012, 05:21 AM

C180 Kompressor 2003
wow is that bad with the win ce version? how about the android version? they offered me some new models with android 2.2 installed

actually i just love the design because its like the oem double din but with more functionality, i heard there's good brand called dynavin, but i think is way to expensive for me
Old 08-18-2012, 05:23 AM

C180 Kompressor 2003
Originally Posted by phister
hey man, to get all your questions out and to make things easier you should start your own thread on your car, that way you can put all your questions in one thread so you can easily get all your answers.
ok maybe i'll start post my car thread, but i've lost my stock picture of my car before modified it.. if i have it could be an interesting story...
Old 08-18-2012, 05:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
06 C230 SS 6spd
dynavin is good company, if you dont want to spend that much get a pioneer or other HU. I personally love my Pioneer z140bh
Old 02-01-2013, 06:53 AM

-
I'm looking to do the same with my '03 C200 K. Black, just like yours! :-)

I wanted to know if these aftermarket units really do work as advertised. Does the touch screen respond okay? Is the sound output quality good? But @rgdeja's post answers most of those. However, even I'm more keen on getting the Android version, because of Google Maps and all the other apps I can try.

Dynavin's DVN-MC2000 seems to be the one to get, but there are plenty of other units that look exactly the same and are much cheaper. Same OEM, I guess.

Dynavin DVN-MC2000:

The unbranded one:

This one is about $650. There's another one that's about $570, but that doesn't come with Bluetooth built-in.

I'm mainly interested in Google Maps navigation and TuneIn Radio (using my iPhone as a 3G hotspot).

What are your thoughts on these?
Old 02-01-2013, 07:31 PM

I drive a Toyota Hybrid...
does it fit the car in my sig
Old 02-02-2013, 01:00 AM

-
Originally Posted by kirax2
does it fit the car in my sig
You appear to have the facelifted W203, so no, you'll need a different model such as the DVN-MBC:

http://www.dynavin.com/products/product_dnv_mbc.php