C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

BAS / ESP after tracking

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 08:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C220 CDI W203 2001 / BMW C323CI 1999
BAS / ESP after tracking

Mercedes C220 Cdi W203 2001 Auto.

Hi Guys.
about 2 months ago i got my front disc and pads changed after i noticed there was a really bad wobble when i was breaking at high speed
Also a few weeks later i had the passenger side front suspension arm changed after the garage said it was snapped, and asked me if i had hit the car or kurbed it hard (i hadnt).

Recently i noticed one of my tires was deflating and going bold on the outer edges. Because the MOT is due, i thought i would get all suspect tires changed (All 4), get them balanced and get the car tracking done.

Since i got it tracked the car started pulling to the left a little bit. I have got it re-tracked by the same garage 4 times and its continuously dragging.

Anyways, i now have two irritating warning signs.
ESP and BAS.

I noticed the ESP come on strait after the break change. Then noticed the BAS, when i had it parked on a hill and released the hand break, the same evening i had the tracking done.

I remember a while ago i had a problem with the ESP and managed to get rid of the problem by disconnecting the yaw and accelarator sensors behind the passenger seat, starting the car then reconnecting them.

I re tried that, it didnt work.

I then thought disconnecting the battery for 15 minutes would clear any faults. All it did was screw up the CD auto changer (btw does anyone know how to programe the stereo to work with it).

So today i took it to a garage with a SnapOn diagnostics machine.
It came up with the following:

Before code clear:
P1481 – Glow plug Cylinder 2
P0703 – Break Signal
C1200 – Break light switch
C1120: Electronic stability program YAW rate Sansor – N64
C1140 – Steering Angle Sensor – N49
C1142 – Electronic Stability Program ESP Lateral AccelaratorThis fault can be cleared.

After code clear:
C1120: Electronic stability program YAW rate Sansor – N64
C1140 – Steering Angle Sensor – N49
C1142 – Electronic Stability Program ESP Lateral AccelaratorThis fault can be cleared.

Anyone got any ideas?
Could it be the break switch?
could it be the steering alignment sensor?
Anything else?

Thanks in advance