C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

S203 trunk spings + parking brake + windows + rust + alarm

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 07:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S203
S203 trunk spings + parking brake + windows + rust + alarm

Hi,

I live in Belgium and have an S203 from 2003. I am completely new to cars, but I would like to fix some things myself. I have 5 small issues with my car which I couldn't find an answer to by searching the forums:

1) I really have to push the trunk open entirely. I found online that I could adjust the springs of the trunk lid by removing the side lining of the trunk. However, I don't know how to remove the trunk side lining of an S203?

2) The parking brake doesn't release entirely anymore. I don't know if it is the mechanism that needs repair or if it is the sensor. How can I reach the parking break mechanism in my car and solve this issue?

3) I have 4 electronic side windows. They open automatically when I push the button. However, I have to keep pushing the button to close them again. Is this normal?

4) I have a small rust spot on the rear of my car (a 5 inch scratch). Can I overpaint this small spot with some regular silver metal paint from my DIY-shop? Ofcourse after dissolving the rust. Or will the difference be too noticable? Does this paint need to be shiny of matte?

5) When I unlock the doors with my remote key or leave them unlocked and then wait for 3 minutes, the alarm sounds when actually opening a door. This happens a lot and is pretty anoying. Is it normal? Is there any way to prevent this without completely disabling the alarm of the car?

Any answer on 1 of the problems is greatly appreciated! Thank you very much in advance!
Old 10-08-2012, 10:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C180 Kompressor Wagon
1. Afaik there is no adjustment possible on the wagon. Replace one or both gas struts

2. Clarify "release entirely". Does the light in the dash go out? Are the brake shoes sticking? Does the pedal not come up?

3. When pulling the button a little harder than normal, the windows should go up automatically. Afaik.

4. Get the right color touch-up paint from your mb dealer, then remove the rust, paint with primer then touch-up paint.

5. If you unlock, then leave the car without opening the doors, the alarm should be reactiveated - but - the doors should also automatically lock again.

3 and 5 may be a regional programming issue. In which country do you live?