C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

C-Spot-Run driving impressions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2003, 06:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C230K Coupe/Orion/C4/C5/CD/AMG Spoiler/V60/TeleAid, 2 MGB's
Exclamation C-Spot-Run driving impressions

The test tracks were set in the parking lot at Raceway Park in Englishtown NJ. Nice long straights to start, then some tight twists short straight then into a 180 preceding the slalom....then a sudden stop (which many ignored). The wet test track for 4matics was a blast. The guy let me launch a C320 Sport Sedan dry the first time, and in a puddle pad the second....it was a blast! Lunch was good food, the crowd was all pretty decent and the weather was damn near perfect. They do more sessions tomorrow and Sunday, so if you haven't registered, DO!

All cars had auto trans:
C320 Coupe C5-scads of torque in the low end, lots of pick up and great brakes. Feels a little front heavy, and pitches like that into turns, but all in all a very nice car. Add 4matic and I'd trade mine in a heartbeat.
C230 Coupe(1.8) C5/C7-light and nimble compared to my car and the 320, but a little shy in the low end. Felt as if it were tied down for the first 35-40 feet. This car feels about 300 lbs lighter than my '02, and handles better as such, but the first 3000RPM was lackluster....no oomph.
C240 Sedan-quite a capable car, nice wood accents, set up with Sirius (which faded once-sun spots?). Luxury, not sporty, and handles appropriately.
C320 Sport Sedan-whoa, this car handles! Tighter steering, sweet, tail happy cornering with very little over-steer, easy to throw around by feathering the accelerator pedal, but rock solid stable on the slalom.
C320 Sport Wagon-If you need a kiddy hauler (or anything else for that matter) This IS the way to go! VERY similar (surprisingly) to the Sport Sedan.

I was disappointed they didn't have any AMG cars for self drive courses, but this was pretty cool for a dog and pony show.

The pro drive in the C32 and CLK500 was a rip, the guys knew their stuff and white knuckled me twice (each). But it seemed like this was really set up to keep the self drive track lines down to a minimum....and impress the hotties (which were plentiful).

They also had that orange over black winged and lipped C230 coupe show car...that interior was hideous, but the car turned heads, which is what it's all about (I guess).

Pics to follow (after I down size them)
Old 07-25-2003, 06:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
SLS AMG | S65 AMG | GL550
Lol, my post on the C-Spot is below...

What time did you go? I was at the 2-4pm.

Erik
Old 07-25-2003, 08:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
SLS AMG | S65 AMG | GL550
Originally posted by Rick
I was there from 1-3...my coupe was parked right next to the drive, across from the entrance gate.
I parked on the end, next to a blue coupe, but when I left they came out at the same time, they were in the 70s.

Erik