C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Indy shops near HB and Reman Alternator?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-11-2012, 12:48 PM
SFR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 C230k
Indy shops in/near orange county, timing chain and Alternator problems

Hi guys I drive a 05 c230k with just over 80k miles and I have been having some problems and want to take care of them before they get out of control...

So I've been getting that battery/alternator red light visit workshop working some mornings when I start my car when it's cold. I replaced my battery with a MB battery, because it looked like was the original, but I'm still getting that light. Sounds like I need to replace the alternator or at least the voltage regulator from what I have read on here so far.
Can anyone recommend a shop to get a remanufactured alternator from or somewhere to take mine to get rebuilt?

I am also getting a loud clicking noise on start ups that sounds like the timing chain to me. All does it when engine is cold. I'll take a video after finals this week to see if someone can confirm this for me. I got a quote like 6 months ago for this from a shop near me for about 1300. That seems really expensive for this job!
Can anyone recommend a indy shop in orange county??

It looks like the valve cover is leaking as well. Do they replace the valve cover gasket when replacing the timing chain?

Trying to do this as cheap as possible! I'm just a college kid who managed to save up for a benz somehow! I'd do the timing chain myself, but I don't have tools required for that or want to risk getting the timing off...

Thanks for the help!!

Last edited by SFR; 12-11-2012 at 01:57 PM.
Old 12-14-2012, 06:49 PM
SFR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 C230k
So I found a shop that will let me bring my own parts to replace the timing chain. I'm going to order the parts from rmeuropean, but I need to know what to order.

Can someone tell what I should order?
-timing chain
-tensior
-gasket/seal
-valve cover gasket

Should I order any guides? or any other parts?