C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

230k sedan auto transmission fixed?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-06-2003, 08:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
230k sedan auto transmission fixed?

A search through the threads'll turn up a bunch of whining I did about the auto transmission. When trying to punch the accelerator, the transmission would oftentimes go out of gear, the engine would rev for several seconds, and then finally I'd get a downshift.

On Monday I took the car in for the passenger seat adjustment fix. Also, I asked whether the above thing were normal. The service guy said absolutely not.

Then when they were done with the car, the called and said they couldn't duplicate the problem. They went ahead and normalized (?) the transmission settings anyway, though.

It's been two days, but I'm thinking the transmission problem is gone. When punching it now, the engine doesn't rev as high and the transmission stays out of gear for only about a second. Yaay!

As you can probably guess, the car's been just tons of fun to drive recently. It takes a lot of effort to park it and turn off the engine.

Anyone have an idea what the service people did and how it worked?