C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

overhead console removal. How to?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 11:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
01' C240
overhead console removal. How to?

my 2001 c240 has been slowly dying of cancer. By cancer I mean electrical bugs and rust. I've lost most of my motivation to fix her. As of this moment its the common battery drain that's grinding my gears. I've replaced both seat motors and the dealership confirms my rear sam unit is still in working order. Sadly it still drains. Now I've taken a multimeter to find the draw and it seems to be the a.c. Sniffer motor on the overhead console. I so fed up with the car that I'm ready to unplug or snip the damn fan. The car has been nothing but a headache. There is a CRAZY amount of rust on every part of the car. So much that 3 local auto body shops said they couldn't give me an estimate because they think there is more rust in places they can't see. None the less that's not my problem for now.

so my question to you is.... Can someone explain to me how to remove the overhead console. I've tried to pry at it but I'm afraid I'll crack the plastic.

thank you and I appoligize for rambling