C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Advice on WeatherTech Floor Mats, please.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-20-2001, 02:11 PM
Admin Alumni

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
See Garage
Question Advice on WeatherTech Floor Mats, please.

I'm considering those McNeil WeatherTech floor mats. Has anyone gotten them for their sedan (C240 or C320) and were they truly custom fitted for the car? I think I read somewhere that you had to trim them to fit, especially the rear mats. If you have to trim, does that defeat the ability of the "deep" mats to hold water, since you've cut away one of the edges to make them fit?

Before I spend the money, I'd like to know if they're as good an investment as they're supposed to be. For $89.95 (tans) + $9.00 shipping, part of me thinks they should fit like a glove right out of the box and require no trimming. All opinions are welcome.
Old 11-20-2001, 03:00 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'01 C240/6
Here in So Cal where it rarely rains, we don't need those weathertech mats for the interior,

but,

I did get their trunk mat. That fit very nicely, without the need for trimming. It is a product that I am pleased with.
Old 11-20-2001, 03:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C240 6-spd (ret)
I've had them in several cars...

I've been using WeatherTech mats for a while now. I had them in my '99 Passat, and they're in my wife's Buick Regal. I bought a set (front and rear) for my C240 once it arrived.

I got the tan color, which is somewhat like the darker color of the upper dash with the Java interior. (Actually, once they're down, I don't think people pay that much attention to the color -- unless they are black). The front mats fit very well, especially the driver side. The cutout for the accelerator is there, and no trimming was necessary. The passenger side fits well also, but is somewhat wider than the OEM mats. At first I was going to trim them, but I just let them "rest" on the lower tunnel. They are very pliable, and fit any contour. The rear mats require some trimming, mostly along the "seam" that is provided for that purpose. However, I think I ended up having to trim a little beyond that on one side of each mat. I don't think the trimming will affect the ability to contain water or snow. I highly recommend them. As you know, the light colored OEM mats will not look good for very long. I'll put them back in when I sell the car (w/ the WeatherTechs "thrown in").
Old 11-20-2001, 03:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C240 6-spd (ret)
Now I remember..

For the rear mats, I only had to trim a little extra along the edge that fits under the seat up against the seat track. The main part of the mat was only trimmed along the "seam". The rear mats are not custom-fit, and there are several contoured mold lines (the "seams") where you can easily trim the mat to fit.
Old 11-20-2001, 09:42 PM
Bud

99 ml320, 2002 C230K
At Target tonight I saw some Car and Driver labelled mats that look like WeatherTech clones. They were $12.99 per mat. Without having an ML mat next to it, I couldn;t tell if it was too small or if it would be a good fit. Of course they are not custom sized, but at $26/pair vs $45 + shipping, they might make due for winter mats. They were very flexible had had very similar deep v shaped ridges. I'm going to check Walmart and see if they have something similar.