C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Janiak's 2002 C230 Kompressor Coupe Build **Pics**

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-02-2013, 05:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 UFO
On the contrary, I'm debating myself on whether to replace all of them or just the 1 that is damaged.

I was actually considering the Alpine SPS-610's since they are a bit better than the stock speakers while not costing too much if you buy them online not to mention they are OEM size.

Ironically, someone posted a DIY on the same speakers with the stock mounts.
https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...ck-mounts.html
Old 04-03-2013, 09:57 AM

2002 Mercedes C230 Coupe
Originally Posted by edgarinho10
On the contrary, I'm debating myself on whether to replace all of them or just the 1 that is damaged.

I was actually considering the Alpine SPS-610's since they are a bit better than the stock speakers while not costing too much if you buy them online not to mention they are OEM size.

Ironically, someone posted a DIY on the same speakers with the stock mounts.
https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...ck-mounts.html

I have a bad driverside speaker aswell. The way I look at it is that its an upgrade for them all . I have seen the speaker install and must say that it is exactly what I plan on doing, just have to decide on the speakers. The Alpines are defs worth the money but ive always been more of a Pioneer guy . Just have to wait and see I suppose aha
Old 04-18-2013, 10:06 PM

2002 Mercedes C230 Coupe
Hey guys well its been one hell of a busy time for me with finals going on + work so I haven't had much time to do anything on the car really. Only thing that I have done is plastidipped my grille, rear badges, and the rear "hatch window"
Also I attempted to put the new wheels on the car but ran into a little problem. I will explain below....

Okay to begin on removing the grille you have to get a few bolts and clips off.
The square box are the bolts and the arrows point to the location of the christmas tree clips.
To remove those just get a thin flat head screwdriver and pry out the center of it then remove the "tree" part of the clip. There are three total.
Also to remove the top section of the grille (attaches to the bonnet/hood of the car) just remove the four bolts holding it.

Next you will need to remove two more clips on the right and left side. Just get that small flat head screwdriver and unclip them then you can pry them off

After you have done that you will need to pull upward on the grille and maneuver it out of the set holes for them.
here is how they look.

Here is a picture of the center clip

Now I cannot remember exactly how many coats of platidip
I did but it was somewhere around 8-10 starting at about 25% transparency and working my way up to get an even finish.

Before

After

Final product

I think that it makes the car look allot better than how it was with the silver color.
now to install it again just reverse the steps and you should be fine.

Now the rear end of the car.

doing the badges is pretty straight forward. there are plenty of YouTube videos on how to do it.

Final product

I didn't get a picture of the rear window with all the tape off cause it got too dark. While inside the car you can barely see any light thru the plastidip but I will probably get some black vinyl and cover it up from the inside.

Now the problem I ran into while installing the wheels was that one of my lug bolts was broken. Not really sure how it happened but seems to be just cracked along the thread. Thankfully I noticed it on the first wheel I was doing so I just stopped and put the stock wheels back on for the time being until I get a replacement bolt.

Anyways that's all I have for the time being. once exams are done I will get the sway bar installed, wheels, and finally exhaust welded.

Last edited by Janiak; 04-18-2013 at 10:13 PM.