Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz Sedans > C-Class (W203)
Just Installed Eibach Pro Kit Springs on 2004 W203 Coupe >

Just Installed Eibach Pro Kit Springs on 2004 W203 Coupe

Notices
C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Just Installed Eibach Pro Kit Springs on 2004 W203 Coupe

 
Old 06-21-2013, 03:37 PM
  #1  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
c230kompressor2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Oakville.Ont.
Posts: 15
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 C230 Kompressor
Just Installed Eibach Pro Kit Springs on 2004 W203 Coupe

I just Installed a set of Eibach Pro Kit springs on my 2004 C230 Kompressor Coupe on Stock Struts and Shocks.

Looks like the front end did not drop at all and the back end dropped more.
I have #2 Pads in the Rear waiting on #4 Pads to Raise it up a bit in the rear.

I can't really notice a difference in Ride stiffness, Just the back end rides a bit heavy. Seems to be to low for the stock shocks in the rear, hope the #4 Pads fix this issue.

I have the stock 16" Rims with 225/50/16 Rubber all around with Eibach
20mm Wheel spacers in the rear. Its very close to rubbing in the rear.

Question: Will the Front end drop more after driving or over time? (Break in period?)

Will there be any difference if i swap the Eibach springs for a set of H&R Sport Springs or any other brands?
Attached Thumbnails Just Installed Eibach Pro Kit Springs on 2004 W203 Coupe-20130617_153524.jpg   Just Installed Eibach Pro Kit Springs on 2004 W203 Coupe-20130617_153537.jpg   Just Installed Eibach Pro Kit Springs on 2004 W203 Coupe-20130617_153554.jpg   Just Installed Eibach Pro Kit Springs on 2004 W203 Coupe-20130617_153620.jpg   Just Installed Eibach Pro Kit Springs on 2004 W203 Coupe-20130617_153635.jpg  

Just Installed Eibach Pro Kit Springs on 2004 W203 Coupe-20130617_153700.jpg  
c230kompressor2 is offline  
Old 06-23-2013, 12:51 PM
  #2  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Boom vang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 1,094
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2004 C230k 6MT; '75 Triumph TR6
I installed the pro kit on my car and there was no settling (Eibach don't settle), my rears don't seem as low as yours. Both the front and rear are lower than stock but in relation to each other. H&R tend to be more aggressive and lower the car even more

Are you sure you put in the right kit?
2564.14 is for the hatchback
2582.14 is for the sedan

with stock 16" you will not benefit much with the spring change and besides, you have the wrong size tires on those rims. Those stock wheels are only 7" wide and max width is 205 tires, to move up to 225 you should be running min 7.5" rims according to my MB wheel catalogue
on the back of your wheels the codes for the width of those wheels are follows
B6 647 2120 7"
B6 647 2121 8"

The 17" OEM staggered set really fills out the wheel wells, you can go larger but then need some custom work such as fender rolling etc

Best bang for the buck in making your handle better is thicker sway bars
Boom vang is offline  
The following users liked this post:
DappaDan (06-12-2019)
Old 06-24-2013, 10:59 AM
  #3  
Out Of Control!!
 
tommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Westwood, NJ
Posts: 10,067
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2004 Civic Si. FWD for the Win!
I think you should have probably done a little more research before buying. A simple search would have yielded many pics of my setup and others with Eibach Pros. Your car looks as it should with that spring setup. Really, what you should have gotten was coil overs to be able to drop the fronts more. A matched spring set is going to drop the front and rear equally. Changing up the rear pad will drop the rears a little, which of course will only serve to make your fronts look even higher.

If you want to tighten up the handling, you'll need nes struts as well as the springs. And as was said, thicker sways would help too.
tommy is offline  
Old 09-30-2014, 08:04 PM
  #4  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
C230 Sport Coup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 6,383
Received 60 Likes on 57 Posts
C230 Sport Coup & 2006 W164 ML350
I'm considering these to replace my crappy TEIN CO's.
Comments?
C230 Sport Coup is offline  
Old 09-30-2014, 10:01 PM
  #5  
Out Of Control!!
 
tommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Westwood, NJ
Posts: 10,067
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2004 Civic Si. FWD for the Win!
Have worked for me for years now, and no complaints.

It's funny - I see tons of anti-Tein opinions now, whereas 5-7 years ago, people seemed to love 'em. Guess there are just more options out now.
tommy is offline  
Old 10-01-2014, 02:04 PM
  #6  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
C230 Sport Coup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 6,383
Received 60 Likes on 57 Posts
C230 Sport Coup & 2006 W164 ML350
I'm just getting older and wiser....
I would like my suspension to have a little bit of travel, and be able to soak up at least a few bumps.
BTW- I see Bilstein struts online for like 80-90 bucks for the OEM style
vs. the Koni's or whatever...It's tempting to go with the OEM type
struts and shocks for say 350 for the whole shabang + springs.

Looking for a good price on the Eibach's....

Originally Posted by tommy View Post
Have worked for me for years now, and no complaints.

It's funny - I see tons of anti-Tein opinions now, whereas 5-7 years ago, people seemed to love 'em. Guess there are just more options out now.
C230 Sport Coup is offline  
Old 10-02-2014, 12:41 PM
  #7  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
C230 Sport Coup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 6,383
Received 60 Likes on 57 Posts
C230 Sport Coup & 2006 W164 ML350
Tommy can you post pic of your car from the side? Also what # spring pads are you using and what type of shocks? I can get OEM style Bilsteins for only about $320 + the springs. I'm tired of leaving my kidneys on the side of the road. I mean, with the stiffer springs and sway bars do I really need stiffer shocks? I was looking at the Koni's that are like 750 and they are adjustable but dang + the springs I'd be looking at over a grand and at that point there's a lot of options. Comments and suggestions please?
C230 Sport Coup is offline  
Old 10-02-2014, 01:21 PM
  #8  
Out Of Control!!
 
tommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Westwood, NJ
Posts: 10,067
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2004 Civic Si. FWD for the Win!
You can see pics on my build thread, of course. The last page has some decent pics of the drop.

I started out with the Eibach Pro "Kit", so either their own struts or re-branded ones. Now have the Koni Sports, which I like a lot.

As you can see by my pics, they're pretty low in the back, even though I have not changed the spring pads at all (what does that make them, #2, I think? ). Front with those Eibach Pro springs are still pretty 4x4-like, unfortunately.

If it were me, and I were getting a kit from scratch, I'd get a set of Fortune Auto 500 series coilovers and be done with it; they'd be around $1200 (per their website, but if you talk to Chris directly, probably get 'em a little cheaper), which I'm sure is above your price range, unfortunately.
tommy is offline  
Old 10-02-2014, 09:50 PM
  #9  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
C230 Sport Coup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 6,383
Received 60 Likes on 57 Posts
C230 Sport Coup & 2006 W164 ML350
What you gonna make me go look for your build thread AND the link to the
CO's from Fortune?
I think they've decided to stop fixing roads in Cali.
The main way in and out of Silly Con valley is 680/580 or 880 and all
are like driving on a wagon trail.
Going on trips isn't fun anymore.

I've been driving this POS Ford Escort Sport sedan as a commute car, a real POS with a clackity SOHC 2L engine, and honestly, I like the way it rides and handles better than my benz.
It isn't however as nice to drive, but it is taut and handles curves well right from the factory. The seats suck though, and the radio doesn't work, and it's a 5 speed manual, and I hate driving it, but it gets 30 mpg and is keeping the Benz from being driven into the ground.

Originally Posted by tommy View Post
You can see pics on my build thread, of course. The last page has some decent pics of the drop.

I started out with the Eibach Pro "Kit", so either their own struts or re-branded ones. Now have the Koni Sports, which I like a lot.

As you can see by my pics, they're pretty low in the back, even though I have not changed the spring pads at all (what does that make them, #2, I think? ). Front with those Eibach Pro springs are still pretty 4x4-like, unfortunately.

If it were me, and I were getting a kit from scratch, I'd get a set of Fortune Auto 500 series coilovers and be done with it; they'd be around $1200 (per their website, but if you talk to Chris directly, probably get 'em a little cheaper), which I'm sure is above your price range, unfortunately.
C230 Sport Coup is offline  
Old 10-05-2014, 09:29 PM
  #10  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
infected's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 1,497
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1990 300SEL, 2001 CLK320, 2007 ML500
In all honesty, if you're considering spending at least a grand for new coils then perhaps consider the H&R coilovers. They were a HUGE improvement from my old Tein Superstreets. Even without dampening adjustment on the H&R's now, they still ride 10 times better than Tein.
infected is offline  
Old 10-10-2014, 10:23 AM
  #11  
Super Member
 
A1EK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Glasgow, Scotland, UK
Posts: 765
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
CLK 230 Kompressor
Looking good.

I have the Eibachs on my W208, CLK. For me the back was way too high, so I removed the pads and cut the coil by a half turn. Over the years I have had to raise it up to number 1 pad.
A1EK is offline  
Old 05-19-2019, 07:12 AM
  #12  
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 2
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sportcoupe
Originally Posted by c230kompressor2 View Post
I just Installed a set of Eibach Pro Kit springs on my 2004 C230 Kompressor Coupe on Stock Struts and Shocks.

Looks like the front end did not drop at all and the back end dropped more.
I have #2 Pads in the Rear waiting on #4 Pads to Raise it up a bit in the rear.

I can't really notice a difference in Ride stiffness, Just the back end rides a bit heavy. Seems to be to low for the stock shocks in the rear, hope the #4 Pads fix this issue.

I have the stock 16" Rims with 225/50/16 Rubber all around with Eibach
20mm Wheel spacers in the rear. Its very close to rubbing in the rear.

Question: Will the Front end drop more after driving or over time? (Break in period?)

Will there be any difference if i swap the Eibach springs for a set of H&R Sport Springs or any other brands?
Hello. I changed my springs yesterday as you are and yours. the back too low. I put the stops behind 4 pins, but it stays very low alike. Can you tell me if you can hit the pitch?

I ended up leaving the original springs behind. And the front I left the eibach, is there any problem?
Galinha90 is offline  
Old 05-19-2019, 09:45 AM
  #13  
Super Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 871
Received 74 Likes on 70 Posts
C320
Why not just get the sport suspension springs and shocks. They're cheap and readily available these days. AMG sway bars also make a massive difference.
tjts1 is offline  
Old 05-19-2019, 11:53 AM
  #14  
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 2
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sportcoupe
Originally Posted by tjts1 View Post
Why not just get the sport suspension springs and shocks. They're cheap and readily available these days. AMG sway bars also make a massive difference.
so if I put eibach stabilizer bars can you help me lift the rear? I also saw ST 30mm increases to get back on the stops, did anyone use it?


Galinha90 is offline  
 

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Just Installed Eibach Pro Kit Springs on 2004 W203 Coupe


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: