C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

C200k 203CL sportcoupè

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-11-2013, 02:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 c class 203cl 200k sportcoupe
Exclamation C200k 203CL sportcoupè

Hey everyone, it's my first time posting but i had my car for a year and ever since i've been looking around here (found out many useful things)

It's a 2002 model, yesterday i was still at a light, and it turned itself off (by making a lot of air and no fuel like sounds, also the whole car got a bit "jumping"), didn't give it much tought, filled the tank, and parked it for the night, which leads us to my odissey, my day of hell, the bloody thing decided to turn off in a 6 KM tunnel whilst cruising at 80KPM (which scared the ****e out of me) and from then on, it kept doing it, at least 4 times on the way home. Everytime it would restart in a matter of second, without too much fuss.. showing apparently no problems (good response, rapid acceleration...), up to the next time the event present itself and just turns off. I just got the B service remainder to be done in about 1500km (could that be IT?) Oil, coolant, everything is in order, i get no codes from my scanner, and the only thing i noticed was not how it's supposed to be, is that one of the small oil pipes going from the central red block, after a few cm's of joining a couple electrical cables it looks as if it's leaking a very little oil. i will post picture of said pipe in a moment, maybe it's important i have no idea.

From what i could gather around here it could be the fuel pump but then again if it was so shouldn't it give problems at peak consumption rather than at minimum / cruise rpms?

If someone could help me, even just to understand what's up, in the limitations of a forum, i'd be grateful.

When i first got the car (my beautiful first car) i brought it to my local MB dealer for service, (it always has been serviced at the dealer, every year i didn't see the need to change that) they said there was trouble with the kompressor and changed the air mass sensor plus idk what about scraping oil off the pipes or something like that, for a grand total of ~2000 euros, which prompted me to 1) get very angry because all this work to come up to me and say the valve lets oil in (meaning they fixed the problem, made me pay new spare parts which are now in the same condition as the old crappy ones) 2)decide i will keep my current car but probably will never buy a MB again, even if i must admit, i'm loving it (except all the problems), all this to say i'd rather not go back to the dealership but if u guys think a scan with STAR is essential i could go to the nearest dealer abroad...

I'm kind of panicking so anything helps thank you guys!!!!
Old 07-11-2013, 02:46 PM

Old 07-11-2013, 03:45 PM

i also now notice problems with the sunroof, it does opens and close however does not self stop, meaning that when closed, upon pressing the button to close, it still tries to close and makes a cracking sound, it doesn't tilt and passenger's window when auto closing stops itself... is my car turning on me?

EDIT: Now it only opens and won't close, i had to manually close it and kind of gave up since i fear i will already have to spend too much for the other issue...

Last edited by BaderManetti; 07-13-2013 at 09:59 AM.
Old 07-13-2013, 09:47 AM

Monday my trusted mechanic will be back so i'm just kind of waiting for that.. in the meantime i'm kind of stuck home... i've noticed that when i start it the first time cold, it kind of rattles then turns on and for a while it won't give problems nor codes, after a good 30 mins it starts loosing power and stalling, but it's so erratic... maybe after the shut down if turned back on it runs for 10 mins, maybe 2, maybe won't start for a minute or so... at least the closest place to buy **** is 5 minutes from here so it could be worst.

I've been thinking hard about it.. about a month ago i ran into reserve (just for a few minutes)

Could i have run on some deposits considering the age of the car? do the MB services change or check your fuel filter? i i was thinking monday to change oil and filters but now really considering changing the petrol filter as well... any input at all?

i'd really like for you to give me some advice about this

Last edited by BaderManetti; 07-13-2013 at 09:53 AM.
Old 07-13-2013, 10:46 AM

C180 Kompressor Wagon
The engine stalling may be a failing CPS. It is located at the very rear of the engine. Does not always give codes or CEL, and fails when engine is hot.
Old 07-13-2013, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by torake
The engine stalling may be a failing CPS. It is located at the very rear of the engine. Does not always give codes or CEL, and fails when engine is hot.
Could that also justify the noisy start? Also i just got back from a 1h ride to hope some code would pop up... car just ran smooth no problems of turbine like sound from the fan or high rpms while still... one would think nothing is wrong with it .. it didnt stall once.. didnt randomly act sluggish... im puzzled!
Old 07-16-2013, 03:06 PM

So... i see a lot of you lurking about... i now have (kind of.. not really) a clearer picture.

The car does not run when hot, today it was parked in another spot, which is not shaded, i tried to turn it on around 15.00. managed to kind of test it on private roads near my house, and it runs so slugghish, it stutters and does not accelerate even on 1st or 2nd, called road assistance so to have a mechanic come over with his tester, nothing shows up on his either, parameters while running are all OK.

moved it to usual shaded parking space and around 18.00 turn it on without any problem and drove some kms to buy cigs, everything smooth...

Talking with the mechanic we had some theories, one of which was the CPS, but then again wouldn't it stall at minimum or low rpms?

tomorrow i'm going to clean the throttle body and if i manage to find the proper product the MAF as well.

Personally im now betting there is something terribly wrong with the butterfly valve... (when it would not run while waiting for road mec i noticed that every time it would get past 3k rpms it would make a scraping like sound from around there!) tomorrow will tell but i had that cleaned by the dealer not 4 months ago!! changed MAF too! does it damage itself? could they have damaged it while cleaning? because after they did all this the light came back on and that's when they said that the valve was leaking a "very very small quantity of oil, but it's ok to drive".

I mean seriously? i've been ever so busy in the past year and barely had time to breathe so i haven't been paying her my personal due time, but had everything done anyway this **** should not be happening to me but to people who don't look or don't have the car looked after!! a friend of mine has had a saxo for 2 year and not even went to service it!! i know it's a very bad thing.... but i hope that damned french car melts its engine! i shall have revenge then!! all the fun he made of my car!! at least i'm not pissed off, i just want to get pissed.. lol

i will keep this up to date all the way to a solution, to hell and beyond!

Last edited by BaderManetti; 07-16-2013 at 03:19 PM.