C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Is it possible for the C Coupe to skid or spin or something?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-05-2003, 05:43 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
K Car
Originally posted by Halifax
okay... I keep reading crap like that too much in this topic.

sorry revstriker, ain't directed to u personally...
but I never said I did anything when there were cars around me.

I don't have to say anything... but just so I wont read another disturbing, to me at lesat, reply like that I'll say something...

I don't go to any tracks to test my car, cuz there aren't any here. I go to a five lanes high way (five each side) that is very far away from the city in the middle of no where next to some sea port used for petrochemical things. meaning its almost rarely to see a truck driving there too.

No that highway isn't 100% empty. I do come by cars every once in a while. But here people do drive like maniacs. so its pretty normal to find a car going 200Km/h passing by a car going 140Km/h in a 120Km/h zone!

We'll have to agree to disagree. I don't think playing around with your car on any road that is open to the public is smart. I also don't think that just because other people drive this way, then it's ok. There are too many accidents that happen because someone "thought" that the road was clear, or didn't see the pedestrian on the side of the road until it was too late. There are reasons that the fines for this stuff is high and that's because it's dangerous.
Old 09-08-2003, 11:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 C230K Sport Coupe, 1986 190E 2.3
The cars do handle pretty good stock, but yes you can update them with new sways and shocks and springs. The C7 wheel pcakage on the coupe is now standard for 2004 in the US, I assume everywhere else as well. They have 245/45/17's on them from the factory. Also remember that no matter how much computing power and safety features there are to keep you going in the intended direction that non of them can overcome the laws of physics. If you push your tires past there traction limits you will spin out and most likely cause some damage to the car and yourself. So know your cars and tires limits before screwing around on the open road.
Old 09-08-2003, 09:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'02 C230K Coupe
Well, whatever you do, don't hurt yourself or your car in the process. I tried some maneuvers without ESP, and one time I really scared the **** outta myself. Thankfully there was enough road for me to stop the car without hitting anything. Start with open lots if you can help it, takes much of the stress out of attempting "fun" stuff.