C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

C320 Crank Case Breather Hoses In Stock! By Pelican Parts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 05:32 PM
SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 61 Posts
Mercedes-Benz, Porsche, BMW, MINI and more!
C320 Crank Case Breather Hoses In Stock! By Pelican Parts

The crank case breather hoses are part of the engines system designed to keep harmful emissions from getting out into the environment. The hose recirculation fumes and gases from within the engine block back into the combustion chamber to be burnt clean. There are three breather hoses on the Mercedes C320 and if you are performing any work on the injectors, MAF or valve gaskets that involve moving the hoses you can pretty much count on replacing them. The hoses sit on top of the valve covers and get extremely hard and brittle with age. There is one hose on the right side and two hoses on the left. While the right side hose traditionally last longer than the other two, if you are going to be working around the heads plan on replacing all three.

We offer hoses from the following brands: Genuine Mercedes-Benz, O.E.M., Febi & Meyle

Enter your vehicle’s year then shop for hoses here.

Need instructions for this install? Read Replacing Your Mercedes Breather Hoses

Let us know what questions you have!
Old 11-26-2013, 03:00 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2013 c250
I ordered from you guys yesterday, not sure I got hooked up with the right hoses.

I plan to fix an upper, front valve gasket leak on my 2005 C230 Kompressor so I ordered the Valve gasket cover set and a timing cover gasket. That's fine. NOW, I don't know if the breather gasket has a leak so I wanted to order the hoses from you. I showed your rep the picture of the hoses on your breather hose technical article (Figure 23) and got 271-018-14-82 and 271-018-12-82. Are these parts right? The first part number I gave you looks way too small compared to the hose in Figure 23, and the second one doesn't not have the same shape, plus it looks A LOT like the DYI $12 hose, even has similar part number (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...placement.html)

So what's the third hose? Is it 271-018-15-82? Btw, your rep was emphatic that mercedes doesn't make any of these parts and so the only thing you get with ordering a 'mercedes' brand hose is it comes in the mercedes box so he steered me towards the Vaico hoses. I'm all for saving a few bucks, but is the quality really the same? I DO NOT want to do another valve cover gasket leak again if the seals are subpar.
thx,

Last edited by scottonfire; 11-26-2013 at 05:27 PM.