C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Ski bag for 2001 C240

Old 08-28-2013, 12:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DeLorean DMC-12
Ski bag for 2001 C240

Hello,

New member here. I had a 2001 C240 from new and sold it after about 3 years. It was a fun car, but 15 or so trips to the dealership for problems and repairs (mostly electrical), got me moving along to a different vehicle. The newer design of the C class is beautiful in my opinion and would still intrigue me enough to come back for another MB someday even after the troubles.

The reason for my post here today, and I tried to search for a for sale area within the C240 sedan section but did not find it... so no intent to be a PITA or anything if this is in the wrong spot... but I have had an unused ski bag pass through that I recently realized was in a box in storage for the last number of years.

I don't know what they would have been worth new as I think the dealership put it in my car by accident as I don't remember buying it on purpose. I also don't know what they would be worth now or if there would be any interest.

I would rather find a home for it where someone can use it instead of taking it to the dump or keeping it indefinitely in a box in the basement. A DeLorean owner friend works with MB in the GTA and he suggested posting here as a better option to finding someone versus Kijiji or a yardsale.

Here are a few photos I took of it this morning. Any thoughts, interest, or feedback would be appreciated. I am in Ontario, Canada... 2-3 hours from the Toronto area.

Ski bag for 2001 C240-img_3481.jpg

Ski bag for 2001 C240-img_3482.jpg

Ski bag for 2001 C240-img_3485.jpg

Ski bag for 2001 C240-img_3486.jpg
Old 08-29-2013, 10:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 107 Likes on 100 Posts
2005 w203 C230
Hi and WELCOME from Buffalo!

You would need the following plastic parts / covers for the conversion...plus I am sure a few clips and screws...

I would be interested - but only for free...to keep it out of a landfill...

~
Take Up ~ 80
Cover ~ 20
Flap ~ 53

(And I would still need to see if your part PN would match my PN...who know what they changed / is VIN specific!?!?!?!)

Please post the PN.
Attached Thumbnails Ski bag for 2001 C240-2005_w203_ski-bag_parts.jpg  
Old 08-30-2013, 09:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DeLorean DMC-12
Hey guy from Buffalo,

Thanks for the message.

Interesting about you mentioning it being a conversion... I had thought this bag pass through was something that would have just clipped into place once you fold down the armrest?

I don't remember all the details of what my seats back there looked like and I don't seem to have a single picture. I want to say I didn't get a 60-40 fold down option on this car, but there was a pass through in the armrest. I guess I never tried out the ski bag at the time to realize if it would have needed extra clips, etc.

That might also add to the idea that the dealership left it in my car mistakenly if the attchment pieces were not also left there.

When you say conversion, are you talking about a rear seats set-up that would go from no pass through to pass through? Thanks for posting the schematic with the parts on it... is this software/database available to all? I would like to poke around in it to see if I can figure out what would be needed.

Those numbers listed with the parts... are those suggested values/prices??

I will look over the ski bag to see if there was a PN on it. I recall it having a loose piece of paper with it, so I'll see if I can track that down too.
Old 08-30-2013, 11:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 107 Likes on 100 Posts
2005 w203 C230
That is from EPC

http://epc.startekinfo.com/epc/

Anyone can join / sign up. No prices, I pulled them from web as reference.

Basically - to install the ski bag option you need to remove the rear seat (fixed) and take it apart / remove the plastic trims within the armrest - install the ski bags parts and reinstall.

- IF your car (and being Canadian it MAY have[I think you received a block heater too]) had a hole / pass thru in the armrest area - your car was fitted for the ski bag. Almost or all USA cars are not...at least later in the w203's life cycle prepped for the ski bag.