C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

C230 komp Sportcoupe upgrades, LSD, xenons, bodykit questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-29-2013, 12:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fast
C230 komp Sportcoupe upgrades, LSD, xenons, bodykit questions

Recently traded away my CLS55 for C230 SC "evolution" whatever that means and im hoping to do some mods to it, just need some basics answered:

Xenons: hate swapping bulbs and this the first car in long while that does NOT have xenons. So, how easy would it be instal such and whats the price-range?

Bodykit: do regular W203 C-class bumpers fit? I'd imagine front would but hows the rear? Since its not an AMG i prefer to avoid the looks, any other suggestion is welcome tho, with pics. The picture-topic had very few coupes in it...

Powah!: local rumours say the 230komp engine can take a new kompressor-wheel along with chip-mod to make ~50 or so extra ponies. True?
Im not going for AMG-power here but a faster 0-100kmh would be fun. Its a light car so i'd imagine there wont be too much trouble eighter.

Rear-LSD: i live in winter-country and the non-locking rear of the W203 C-class is way too familiar. LSD for 55-AMG cost ALOT so i was hoping something for the 230k power would be cheaper. It makes soooo much better to drive when one side aint spinning away all the power at icy roads during takeoff.
Old 08-29-2013, 01:43 PM

I drive a Toyota Hybrid...
if u do looking for C230 coupe,

get only 2002, that was the engine came from the legendary 1986 AMG hammer, but later on on 2003 and up Merecedes had budget cut so they have Hyundai to start building 4 cylinder engine for them because is much much cheaper and more reliable, but nope, they tend to go Hiroshima.

for Xenon, you can go cheap for a set for $50-100 make sure they have error canceller or something call error bypass because they run different voltage or wattage which the car think its not running stable power it will just turn off, but they are pretty easy to swap.

bodykit, C coupe use only c coupe front end, they are totally different than sedan, but good luck finding body kit because they are hard to find now days.

power: again, 2002 c230 coupe use old school AMG engine so the sound is really weird but if you do the right mod you could smoke a 2014 twin turbo E63 sedan with flat tires.

LSD: i used to live near Los Angeles where it use to snow a lot even during the summer i was able to prowl thru snow with my C230 coupe with body kit and coilover. THOSE AMG POWAAA!!!!

you gonna love the C230 coupe much more than any other AMG Mercedes make
Old 08-29-2013, 02:09 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2004 Civic Si. FWD for the Win!
Originally Posted by peelo
Recently traded away my CLS55 for C230 SC "evolution"
Kirax, he/she already has the coupe.

For what K didn't answer:

I do not believe that there is any particular LSD application for the coupe. I don't see anything in the Quaife catalog:
Quaife Catalog here!
And don't believe that OG, Mfactory, or anyone else has anything. But it's possible that something developed for the C55 would work - I don't believe that anyone here has done that frankensteining. My guess is you're stuck with good snow tires for bad weather, and that's the best improvement you'll be able to make.

Bodykits - unless you're custom, you're stuck with front lips by Carlsson, Brabus, or a knockoff of either, and rear spoilers - ebay, Brabus, or Renntech.

Get an s/c pulley and a tune and you're probably looking at 25-30 at the wheels if you're lucky (assuming a 2002 C230 with the M111 engine here). It does make a very nice difference.

Xenons - no idea, but if you've got the foggy headlights, your first thing to do is buy new headlights - either oem bi-xenons or oem accessory clear projectors (then xenons in those). Xenons in the foggy headlights is a bad idea.

Evolution is an option package, which varies by country, I believe. For you, probably pedal covers, thicker steering wheel with nubs at 10 and 2 o'clock, better floormats, different door sills, slightly better shift knob, and a resonator delete in the exhaust and a shorter shifter if you have a manny.
Old 08-29-2013, 07:52 PM

Fast
The car is arriving tomorrow or the day after. Deal is basicly done soooo...

I had -99 SLK230 komp and i do believe its the same engine and the SLK was driven like nuts and no faults what so ever.

C-coupe is 2001 model. My milage is rather low and this one has better then usual optionals and with the car i got more off the CLS then what i paid. Perhaps il leave out the engine-mods. Minor body-mods do feel tempting but only if im able to get "full set" with front, skirts and rear. Minor mods i can have done.

I have my eyes on Lotus Exige as "toy" and later swapping the C for ML or something other AWD. AMGs offerings matching the Exige in raw performance are around half million euros so i'l rather go for the go-cart on steroids then sell my house for three letters and a quad-exhaust.

As for the LSD, if i knew what "ratio" the rear is i could look for a non-mercedes option. Local rice-bucket tuners could help but i need the ratio.