C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Halogen projection

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-11-2003, 08:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C230
Halogen projection

I was reading through a thread on xenon lights (seems like there's a new one every other day - don't really know why I read all of 'em) and I came across a link to a place called autowerks direct ( http://reswest.com/ ). Anyway, they have halogen projection lights that are identical in outward appearance (with them off, mind you) to the xenon lights. While I lust after xenons, I can't afford 'em. What do you guys think of these? BTW, they are only $529 and I was informed by autowerks that they are made by Hella and are Euro-spec (which makes sense as they are not available here).

I am aware of the superior lighting of xenon's but I am also aware of their superior price. Having said that, although these lights look real cool, I would have trouble parting with $529 just for looks. While their performance would not even rival xenons, do you think I would notice an improvement at all?

Jeremy
Attached Thumbnails Halogen projection-bixenon203a.jpg  
Old 09-11-2003, 08:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 C300 4matic
First of all, I doubt you would notice much improvement in the amount of light, but maybe. My second concern is that I don't think these lights actually look like that. I think the lights they are selling are just like the new CLK halogens which have clear lenses, but are not projectors, so they do have a different look. They have a reflector in there instead. IMO, it does not look as good as the projectors, and you are better off saving your money unless you know exactly what you are getting.
Old 09-11-2003, 09:09 PM

2002 C230
I kinda had my doubts too as I have never seen non xenon projections that look like the xenons. If I got the lights and they looked like the clk's and the picture I posted was right above the description, I'd be pissed.

But you are right, some of these companies aren't the most honest. If that money continues to burn the nice little hole it has been burning in my pocket, I'll be sure to do some further investigation.
Old 09-11-2003, 09:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 C230 Coupe(M111)
Originally posted by Mottman
I kinda had my doubts too as I have never seen non xenon projections that look like the xenons.
Many cars have true projector style lights, but without the Xenon illumination. The Mercury Cougar, and second gen Saturn L200 and L300 are 3 cars that instantly come to mind. I know there are more, just having a brain fart

With a 400$ dollar Xenon kit, you'd have the light and the look. ALthough, after spending 929 bucks, you could have just spent the $700 to get them new on the car. Had they been offered in 02(stupid MB product planners!) I would surely have poped for them.