C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Floor Mats For My Baby!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-12-2003, 06:59 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 CL55 AMG
Floor Mats For My Baby!!!

I'd like to get your collective knowedge regarding floor mats.

I just picked up a new C240 last week and the floor mats are nice...BUT... they're going to look like crap in short order because they're cream colord with a black heel insert.

About 10 years ago I owned a 300CE for a few years and it had great MESH mats that looked like they were made from hemp. They allowed small particles to filter through to the carpet below, but kept the big stuff off the carpet. They were highly fibrous and very rough and they were dark and held up great. I asked the salesman at the local dealer who sold me both of my cars if he remembered them and indeed he did and remarked how great they were but added that he'd not seen them in years...

any leads on where I might find these in either black or brown???

thanks in advance..

- jeff

Last edited by jeffj; 09-12-2003 at 07:02 AM.
Old 09-12-2003, 10:12 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
K Car
I have the Java interior and floormats. The floormats are very easy to keep clean. I take them out every two-three months and give them a good vacuuming, and then I use my Hoover Carpet Cleaner (steam cleaner) on them. After almost two years, they still look great. I wouldn't worry too much about them getting dirty as long as you take the time to clean them regularly. After all, that's what they're for; to protect the carpet.

Not sure about where to get the floormats you speak of.
Old 09-12-2003, 10:21 AM

2014 Sport White on black
This is what I do. My last car had cream color leather and matching floor mats so I bought some cheap clear mats and placed them on top of all floor mats. The clear mats prevented light color carpet from getting real dirty and early wear. Now my new car is black so to prevent OEM mats premature wear or dirty I went to pepboys and bought matching floor mats. The cheap floor mats are smaller and only covers heavy wear area but exposes MB logos. When I sold my last car, the buyer asked if I ever had passangers because the carpets/floor mats looked so new/clean. Because I live in CA we only get approx 3 months of wet weather and that is when the extra floor mats come in handy. With the clear mats all you have to do is take them out and spay water on them. Try it!
Old 09-12-2003, 10:25 AM

92 500sel/01 320e wag
Mats

If you go to www.cocomats.com you will find them. These come in 13 Colors with a rubber backing. I purchased a set for my E, they are not cheap!
Old 09-12-2003, 10:27 AM
Almost a Member!

2004 CL55 AMG
Re: Mats

Originally posted by Peter Guenther
If you go to www.cocomats.com you will find them. These come in 13 Colors with a rubber backing. I purchased a set for my E, they are not cheap!
thanks...

see my toys? - none of them were cheap either...

you typically get what you pay for (& negotiate)
Old 09-12-2003, 10:54 AM
Out Of Control!!

K Car
I've never understood the reasoning behind putting in cheap floormats so that your regular ones stay clean. I understand if it's winter, and you want to keep all the salt and muck off your regular mats. But why distort the nice look of the matching floormats with something that was not made for your car? Floormats are supposed to get dirty. When they do, you clean them.

I've also heard some people say that they put away their floormats so that they have nice clean ones when they go to sell the car later. To me, this is crazy. So you'd rather drive around with cheaper looking floormats so that the buyer can have new ones??

If I am going to sell my car (private sale) and my 2, 3, 4 year old floormats are not looking as nice as the rest of the car, I will just go to MB and buy new ones.
Old 09-12-2003, 11:05 AM
Almost a Member!

2004 CL55 AMG
Originally posted by revstriker
I've never understood the reasoning behind putting in cheap floormats so that your regular ones stay clean. I understand if it's winter, and you want to keep all the salt and muck off your regular mats. But why distort the nice look of the matching floormats with something that was not made for your car? Floormats are supposed to get dirty. When they do, you clean them.

I've also heard some people say that they put away their floormats so that they have nice clean ones when they go to sell the car later. To me, this is crazy. So you'd rather drive around with cheaper looking floormats so that the buyer can have new ones??

If I am going to sell my car (private sale) and my 2, 3, 4 year old floormats are not looking as nice as the rest of the car, I will just go to MB and buy new ones.
I concur....

something from Pep Boys in my car?

(not that I'm making an example of Pep Boys mind you) ....

so... let me use J.C. Whitney.

Something from J.C Whitney in my car?

No way Jose!

I do lreally love those cocomats and I just ordered some.

thanks!
Old 09-12-2003, 11:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-Benz

thank you Scott! I completely agree. I have rubber mats for the ML i use in the winter but after that, stocks go back in! If they get ruined ill just buy new ones.
Old 09-12-2003, 02:25 PM

2004 C230W
Floor mats

Has anyone here heard of Karo mats? It's very similar to coco mats but come in more colors and patterns. I've only seen them in Japan before, but I will be interested in getting a set here in the US.:p

Jun
Old 09-12-2003, 02:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 VW GTI

This can also apply to people who drive around with a leather bra on their car.
Old 09-12-2003, 02:58 PM
Almost a Member!

2004 CL55 AMG
bra's....

is it true that bra's will cloud the paint if left one wet in the hot sun?

????
Old 09-12-2003, 03:10 PM

C230Kompressor
Re: Mats

Originally posted by Peter Guenther
Man...your post is gonna cost me about 150 bucks! Those are so cool, and my cheap a** stock ones are unraveling on the edges after only a year. And really, the price isn't too bad-about what you would pay for mats from tuners or other custom fit mats.
Old 09-13-2003, 12:39 PM

190 2.3 and C320
I use rubber floormats on top of my original carpet mats. Keeps mud and dirt off the carpet.