C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Tig'in up some CAI. Has it been done?Any down side to this project? ECU reset after?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-01-2013, 11:20 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2007 c280
Tig'in up some CAI. Has it been done?Any down side to this project? ECU reset after?

Was changing my oil yesterday and noticed how easily I could bend up some pipe and tig some heat shields up for dual CAI on the c280. I realize that MB spent a lot of time and money on the air ducting for the c-class, but I'm bored and have spare metal and time.

I recently picked up a pair of K&N cones on a whim as a buddies shop was closing and I scored the pair at dealer cost.

Anyone see any issues with pulling the factory tray filters out of the boxes, reassembling, extending the runners in place of the factory ducting, and building an intake tray from the rad support to the cone filters to prevent heat soak? I could pop rivet or tig after using a brake to bend something up. Then into my powder coat oven.

Is there any way to reset the ECU? I plan to disconnect the battery for 15 for the maf to reset to the new cfm flow. It was that easy on my NA audis. Same procedure for MB?

I'll take the risk of losing 2hp over the possible gain, sound, and uniqueness.

Please note this is not a hacked up project. I've been toying with sheet metal fabrication/ cars for a very long time and have managed to make myself a pretty capable 4 car shop.

Thoughts?