C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Sedan or Coupe: Which looks better?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-15-2003, 07:19 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 C230 Sedan
The thing with the coupe is that it really does take some getting used to....

When your bombin around town people will be "getting used to it", which kind of defeats the purpose of driving a mercedes.

The sedan is drop dead gorgeous from the moment of sight, which is a HUGE plus to me. When I'm driving around i want people to know I'm driving a sexy benz, not a "getting used to it" benz

My friends talked me out of buying a coupe, they said it looked too much like a rice grinder, and I pretty much agree with them now

....happy i got the sedan
Old 09-15-2003, 07:34 PM
taylor192

Originally posted by efru
The thing with the coupe is that it really does take some getting used to....

When your bombin around town people will be "getting used to it", which kind of defeats the purpose of driving a mercedes.

The sedan is drop dead gorgeous from the moment of sight, which is a HUGE plus to me. When I'm driving around i want people to know I'm driving a sexy benz, not a "getting used to it" benz

My friends talked me out of buying a coupe, they said it looked too much like a rice grinder, and I pretty much agree with them now

....happy i got the sedan
You live in Wisconsin, so obviously your opinion doesn't count! lol just ribbin!
Old 09-15-2003, 07:51 PM
Almost a Member!

2005 C230 Sedan
haha thats the nice thing, theres probably about 7 benz's in the state, everyone else drives tractors
Old 09-15-2003, 11:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 C230 Coupe(M111)
Originally posted by Noble C320
yes SEDANS dont have the star grill that is obvious

the Sedan with bi xenons is one of the nicest front ends on any car.

coupe might share SOME styling from the CLK but not from the SL. i have never mistaken SL for C coupe. nice try
Actually, its the other way around, the CLK borrows from the Coupe...it was first, not the CLK. C-Coupe is a looker from ahead or side, hands down better looking than the sedan. I think the standard halogen lights on the sedan ruin the look...you can't tell what they are trying to be round or rounded? The Bixenons definately fix that problem, but the Coupe with BiXenons looks even classier.

The Sedan taillights are on of the nicest tail lights MB has ever done. obviously there is copykits when such a nice design happens. i have never mistaken a mazda, subaru, or honda for C Sedan from the rear.
I often mistake the W202 for a new C sedan. Sorry, not very original, but at least its recognizeable. Personally, I don't think any Benzes are particularly good looking cars from behind...especially the brand new SLR...even the exotic compound taillamps on the SLR got dumbed down for production.

yea u right the coupe has dinctinctive butt. that is not necessarily a good thing.
It grows on you. I like the egg on the side look. The old Porsche 928 had the same thing going on, and I loved that too.

poll a 100 people and ask them what rear they want on there cars maybe you will be lucky and 2 of them will like the coupe.

dont even start with me from a side view. even worser than the back the side view easily and disgustingly shows how uneven and ugly the coupe.

the sedan looks classy and sheek.
Since youre being an *** about it, the sedan looks like a Sonata. Enjoy your Hyundai.

Last edited by Outland; 09-15-2003 at 11:59 PM.
Old 09-16-2003, 12:17 AM
Almost a Member!

S55 AMG
Originally posted by Outland

Since youre being an *** about it, the sedan looks like a Sonata. Enjoy your Hyundai.
Hahaha...honestly, the only reason why people start these threads is because they want to have a go at another persons car. Some poeple are more subtle about it than others e.g. "I hope I don't offend anyone..." but in the same sentence they are pretty much saying "my model is better than yours"!!!

Get over yourselves people!!! I love my sedan but I like the coupe as well...hey, we are all Benz drivers!!
Old 09-16-2003, 12:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 C230 Coupe(M111)
Originally posted by AMG4Me
Hahaha...honestly, the only reason why people start these threads is because they want to have a go at another persons car. Some poeple are more subtle about it than others e.g. "I hope I don't offend anyone..." but in the same sentence they are pretty much saying "my model is better than yours"!!!

Get over yourselves people!!! I love my sedan but I like the coupe as well...hey, we are all Benz drivers!!
Exactly. In about three more posts we'll hear "only the sedan(made in Brazil or south africa, btw) is a True MB". Lame. Even the hatchback comments are stupid.

Time to kill this thread.

Last edited by Outland; 09-16-2003 at 12:42 AM.
Old 09-16-2003, 12:38 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!
Originally posted by taylor192
You live in Wisconsin, so obviously your opinion doesn't count! lol just ribbin!
Muahahahaha