C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Sedan or Coupe: Which looks better?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2003, 10:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SLK 230
Sedan or Coupe: Which looks better?

Hope I don't make any coupe drivers mad. What do U guys think? Which shape looks better, sedan or coupe? I personally think that the coupe looks quite ugly ! It looks as if the back has been cut off prematurely. The sedan shape looks more elegant and stylish. Here are some pics to compare.
Attached Thumbnails Sedan or Coupe: Which looks better?-mercedes-20c-klasse-20w203-20n-20front-20left-20grey-20ii-20view.jpg  
Old 09-13-2003, 10:24 AM

SLK 230
Sedan back view

back
Attached Thumbnails Sedan or Coupe: Which looks better?-mercedes-20c-klasse-202k-20rear-20grey-20view.jpg  
Old 09-13-2003, 10:25 AM

SLK 230
Coupe

I must admit, the front of the coupe looks fantastic !
Attached Thumbnails Sedan or Coupe: Which looks better?-mercedes-20c-klasse-20c220-20front-20left-20silver-20spoiler-20set-20view.jpg  
Old 09-13-2003, 10:28 AM

SLK 230
Coupe - Back

But the back - EEEK, it looks like a behind of a fat lady !!
What do U guys think?
Attached Thumbnails Sedan or Coupe: Which looks better?-mercedes-20c-klasse-20c220-20rear-20silver-20spoiler-20and-20twin-20exhaust-20set-20view.jpg  
Old 09-13-2003, 11:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

in order for us to answer this question..we don't need the pic...haha...

well..sedan is starting to show its age...i don't know why..but it doesn't holds up well..

coupe, on the other hand..will grow on you...but well..maybe cos the back of my coupe is different...
Old 09-13-2003, 11:17 AM
JeT

I don't know why people post these sorts of threads...this is totally personal preference. Obviously if you bought the sedan you like it better...same goes for those who bought the coupe.
Old 09-13-2003, 11:26 AM

02 c230 kompressor
i like the coupe, but then again i own a coupe so theres some obvious bias
Old 09-13-2003, 11:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
SLS AMG | S65 AMG | GL550
Lol...I agree with Jet. We own both in the family, I choose the Coupe because I liked the look better...and I figured I am 22, when I have my own family, there goes the Coupes...

Erik
Old 09-13-2003, 11:42 AM
taylor192

You're just going to cause trouble asking this:

Front:
Sedan - Looks alright, nothing special, especially since introduction of the new CLK with the "star grill", except for the C, E, and S sedans, all MB models have a "star grill".
Sports Coupe - Shares styling queues with the SL and new CLK.

Rear:
Sedan - Copy-cats now include: Mazda, Subaru, Honda, thus the rear styling does not stand out (from far I have mistaken a C240 as a Protoge)
Sports Coupe - Big distinctive butt.

Side:
Sedan - typical sedan, angled lights look a little odd with almost vertial grill.
Coupe - almost angles too far up. The hatch window meets the flat part of the hatch at too much of an angle. The angled rear facing window looks odd from the side.
Old 09-13-2003, 11:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
SLS AMG | S65 AMG | GL550
Originally posted by taylor192
Little in the middle, but she got much back...
Just the way I like 'em.

Erik
Old 09-13-2003, 12:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 Citron Green C230KMT
i think there are going to be alot of biased opinion here, but i say the coupe. i prefer the sportier front end, the 2 doors and the rear end does grow on you. i would like to see what sedan type tail lights ith the cliear reverse and indicator sections would look like. either way i still prefer the coupe, but like the sedan as well.
Old 09-13-2003, 12:41 PM

c230 Coupe
Originally posted by tifosiv122
Little in the middle, but she got much back...
Just the way I like 'em.

Erik

I like big BUTTS and i cannot lie....
Yes at first I had some doubts about the rear end, that lasted all of about 3 minutes. It does grow on you, now i love it- so euro looking.
Old 09-13-2003, 01:38 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
K Car
Front:
Sedan - Looks alright, nothing special, especially since introduction of the new CLK with the "star grill", except for the C, E, and S sedans, all MB models have a "star grill".
Don't forget about the Wagons.
Old 09-13-2003, 02:08 PM
taylor192

Originally posted by revstriker
Don't forget about the Wagons.
What's a wagon?

People who buy a wagon don't post on boards like this - come on, soccer moms are too busy chatting on their cell phones driving to practice
Old 09-13-2003, 04:49 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
they both look good, but they only sell the C32 sedan in the states, and I like having more room. If the sportscoupe is a true coupe, I might consider it, but then there's the CLK for that.
Old 09-13-2003, 05:12 PM
Guest0001

You're just going to cause trouble asking this:

Front:
Sports Coupe - Shares styling queues with the SL and new CLK.

Rear:
Sedan - Copy-cats now include: Mazda, Subaru, Honda, thus the rear styling does not stand out (from far I have mistaken a C240 as a Protoge)

Side:
Sedan - typical sedan, angled lights look a little odd with almost vertial grill.
Coupe - almost angles too far up. The hatch window meets the flat part of the hatch at too much of an angle. The angled rear facing window looks odd from the side.
yes SEDANS dont have the star grill that is obvious

the Sedan with bi xenons is one of the nicest front ends on any car.

coupe might share SOME styling from the CLK but not from the SL. i have never mistaken SL for C coupe. nice try

The Sedan taillights are on of the nicest tail lights MB has ever done. obviously there is copykits when such a nice design happens. i have never mistaken a mazda, subaru, or honda for C Sedan from the rear.

yea u right the coupe has dinctinctive butt. that is not necessarily a good thing.

poll a 100 people and ask them what rear they want on there cars maybe you will be lucky and 2 of them will like the coupe.

dont even start with me from a side view. even worser than the back the side view easily and disgustingly shows how uneven and ugly the coupe.

the sedan looks classy and sheek.

and btw

i hate this kind of **** man. every time there is this debate and its pointless.

Last edited by Guest0001; 09-13-2003 at 05:15 PM.
Old 09-13-2003, 06:43 PM
CRB

The wagon is the looker. Then the sedan. And finally the coupe.
Old 09-13-2003, 06:59 PM

'03 C320 coupe-manual, '07 530i
All that threads like this prove is that we have gotten to a boring steady-state.

Most of the early problems have either been solved or moved to the "I can live with it category". Now, its all about vanity mods or previously asked questions that were beaten to a fare-thee-well. Doesn't anyone STTF?

I submit that until we get major changes or performance enhancements to the C, we have gone about as far as we can down this road.

This forum is getting long in the tooth!!

YMMV.
Old 09-13-2003, 08:35 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!
What kind of responses does someone expect to hear in this thread? There is always gonna be some love and some hate. Its not gonna help anyone decide since its all personal preference.
Old 09-13-2003, 09:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The True OG Modded out W203
Originally posted by Wheens
All that threads like this prove is that we have gotten to a boring steady-state.

Most of the early problems have either been solved or moved to the "I can live with it category". Now, its all about vanity mods or previously asked questions that were beaten to a fare-thee-well. Doesn't anyone STTF?

I submit that until we get major changes or performance enhancements to the C, we have gone about as far as we can down this road.

This forum is getting long in the tooth!!

YMMV.
Kinda like a 203 facelift huh? It goes in cycles, maybe boring to you one week/month and then you get into it. If you think this is childish/non sense/imature then DONT go to the B6 platform in Audiworld
Old 09-14-2003, 02:47 AM
Almost a Member!

S55 AMG
Originally posted by Noble C320

i hate this kind of **** man. every time there is this debate and its pointless.
So why'd you buy into the discussion then??!!
Old 09-14-2003, 08:31 AM
taylor192

Originally posted by Noble C320
yes SEDANS dont have the star grill that is obvious

the Sedan with bi xenons is one of the nicest front ends on any car.

coupe might share SOME styling from the CLK but not from the SL. i have never mistaken SL for C coupe. nice try

The Sedan taillights are on of the nicest tail lights MB has ever done. obviously there is copykits when such a nice design happens. i have never mistaken a mazda, subaru, or honda for C Sedan from the rear.

yea u right the coupe has dinctinctive butt. that is not necessarily a good thing.

poll a 100 people and ask them what rear they want on there cars maybe you will be lucky and 2 of them will like the coupe.

dont even start with me from a side view. even worser than the back the side view easily and disgustingly shows how uneven and ugly the coupe.

the sedan looks classy and sheek.
The only reason threads like this suck is when you say things like "poll 100 people and only 2 will like the coupe" - state YOUR opinion, don't state it for others.

BTW for a poll, how's this, I get more looks driving my C230 sports coupe than an attractive girl I know who drives a C320 4-matic - why, its the star grill, look at the pics posted to start this thread, that star grill says "look at me", without it, the front end is boring IMHO.

The sedan/wagon tailights are nice, I wish they did something similar for the sports coupe.
Old 09-14-2003, 08:55 AM
taylor192

Here's a comparison of the star grills - the sports coupe IMHO shares a lot of front end styling queues with the SL and CLK.
Attached Thumbnails Sedan or Coupe: Which looks better?-mb-comparison.jpg  
Old 09-14-2003, 10:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Audi S4
Originally posted by AMG4Me
So why'd you buy into the discussion then??!!
Yeah, the irony... the thread sucks but its obviously important enough to him to waste his time on the "pointless" thread.

The C sedan looks nice... but does nothing (unless w/ Lorinser or Brabus kit) to stand out from the crowd. The old and new 3 series, A4, and the old C sedan are all more distinctive and overall better looking than the 203 sedan, IMHO.
Old 09-14-2003, 08:02 PM
Guest0001

The only reason threads like this suck is when you say things like "poll 100 people and only 2 will like the coupe" - state YOUR opinion, don't state it for others.

BTW for a poll, how's this, I get more looks driving my C230 sports coupe than an attractive girl I know who drives a C320 4-matic - why, its the star grill, look at the pics posted to start this thread, that star grill says "look at me", without it, the front end is boring IMHO.

The sedan/wagon tailights are nice, I wish they did something similar for the sports coupe.
Taylor

what i meant about the 2 out of the 100 thing was based on the "rear-end" of the coupe vs the sedan. i didnt make that clear on the previous post. i think most people would prefer the sedan rear end

as the car on a whole, well thats subjective i guess.

dont necessarily agree with you on the star thing. i think it looks classier with out the star.

about your CLK vs C coupe comparison. you are right about that. the front are very similar. if you get bi xenons i would not even know.

but the SL is a different story. even the clk does not look like an SL from the front. if it did i would have bought it. it looks like C coupe. the only part that is similar is the headlights. the SL is much wider and lower.

andrew i just felt i needed to chime considering alot of the member in the C forum are coupe owners. you need a different opinion from sedan owners dont you

Last edited by Guest0001; 09-14-2003 at 08:14 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Sedan or Coupe: Which looks better?