C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

C320, Not Passing Smog.... Need your help.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-12-2013, 02:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 E350 AMG
C320, Not Passing Smog.... Need your help.

Oxygen Sensor
Catalyst
Evaporative System

All three are on. I recently replaced the crankshaft positioning sensor- and the car is working now, before it would not crank. After that the car did not pass smog.

After the CPS was replaced, I've driven the car nearly 1200 miles and still have the same problem. Tried smoging the vehicle like 2 times and the same thing. The first time I took the vehicle, the car had 2 oxygen sensor, and catalyst converter, then my battery drained, and appear toy had to start over. Right now I have 3. Any ideas if these items need to be replaced, from what it seems, the computer is not telling the codes to clear.

Need help. Any ideas? I know the car needs to drive a bit p, but this is ridiculous, does anyone have the link for the drive cycle for this car?

Last edited by laythesmack23; 10-12-2013 at 03:25 PM.
Old 10-14-2013, 11:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C55 / S550 / Lexus IS300 (sold) / C63 (Sold) / SL500 (Sold) / Lambo Gallardo (RIP)
Originally Posted by laythesmack23
Oxygen Sensor
Catalyst
Evaporative System

All three are on. I recently replaced the crankshaft positioning sensor- and the car is working now, before it would not crank. After that the car did not pass smog.

After the CPS was replaced, I've driven the car nearly 1200 miles and still have the same problem. Tried smoging the vehicle like 2 times and the same thing. The first time I took the vehicle, the car had 2 oxygen sensor, and catalyst converter, then my battery drained, and appear toy had to start over. Right now I have 3. Any ideas if these items need to be replaced, from what it seems, the computer is not telling the codes to clear.

Need help. Any ideas? I know the car needs to drive a bit p, but this is ridiculous, does anyone have the link for the drive cycle for this car?
Something that worked with my Lexus once, drive it for an hour with only about 1/4-1/2 tank, add a bottle of isotropic alcohol. helped mine smog before. Hope it works