C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

U.K spec head unit/6disc

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-10-2002, 05:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C230 AMG Sports coupe
U.K spec head unit/6disc

Hi...can anyone please enlighten me as to what the (U.K. spec..NOT Bose)Becker model name/number is for the head unit,also the Mercedes badged alpine 6 disc changers model number on the C class sports coupe...I ask this because I assume the head unit is truely just that,i.e. No built in power amplification,also as I understand it,there are no pre-outs on it(at least not of rca phono type),But the model information will allow me to gain pin configuration of the connector and hence source/fabricate a breakout lead to connect to external power amps and after market loudspeakers(inc a nice ported twin 12" isobaric loaded sub )
of course if anyone knows this pin config it'll save me time
If I can tap into the unit before power amp stages then I will not need resistors inline to step down gain(would likely introduce noise AAARRRGGGHHH!!)......And yes I'm aware this should ideally be posted on the Audio forum...but....so many more people seem to contribute to this one.....Thanks in advance for any help you can give me