C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

fog tail lights out, should i mess with fuse box?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-17-2013, 01:26 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2013 c250
fog tail lights out, should i mess with fuse box?

How finicky is the car with the fuse box? Easy? Will I fry the ECU or is this an easy fix? Basically, the passenger side, both bottom tail lights are out NOW, here's what's weird, there are like 8 little wires that go into the tail light, the driver side has them all connected, the passenger side seems to be missing one wire. When I opened the passenger side, only one of the two filaments were lit up in each bulb, whereas in the driver side tail light, both filaments were lit up. Is both lit up normal or one of the two filaments. Can someone send a pic. of the fuse box and where exactly- I've heard driver side under steering wheel...
Thx,
Old 12-17-2013, 02:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2005 C Wagon (No snickering please!)
There are three fuse locations. Under the hood, left side of the dash (with driver door open) and in the left rear trunk. Search for a chart.

There is no fuse connected with the rear fog light. The lamp is electronically controlled. You are correct in that the left side has an extra wire connected. There is only one lamp in the rear fog light system.

Read your manual to determine which lamps are lighted for each function. If you have a problem after reviewing the manual (also online at MBUSA) you might want to get a pro to troubleshoot it. The rear SAM that controls the lamps is worth a grand and is easy to damage if tested improperly.