C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Injector Test Failed?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2014, 06:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mercedes w203 220cdi 2002 Avantgarde
Injector Test Failed?

Hi everyone its my first post on here

I got a bit of a problem here. first thing first i have an injector problem, car shaking on idle a little but when accelerating its perfectly fine.

this has been going on for quiet some time now. first i got leak off test for £50 and got told all 4 needed to be replaced or reconditioned.

got all my injectors out and took them to a auto electrician who again told me that all for of them needed to be reconditioned. i said ok and got them done, paid £500 for 4 injectors got to the garage to put them back in and car is still the same. i took the car to a friend with a star reader (he works at mercedes)
and found out that injector number 3 is showing +5 whereas it should be showing -5. i took injector number 3 out because i had 1 year warranty on them.

i took them back and the guy tells me their fine, printed the test results, on the side of the results its all pass pass pass with numbers that dont mean anything to me but on the overall test result he crossed it out with a thick marker pen but you could clearly see it said fail and he said they all say its failed on all the papers and all injectors and failed doesnt mean anything. so i asked for the old papers where he said they all failed and on that paper it said again overall fail but on the side it was pass pass pass on all of them.

so if the injector number 3 passed the test today, why was i told it failed the first time when all the numbers and all the results are the same?

please help out

thanks