C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

2005 c230 kompressor sport sedan newbie. Help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2014 | 09:36 AM

2005 c230 kompressor sport sedan
2005 c230 kompressor sport sedan newbie. Help

First time benz owner and new member. I purchased a 2005 c230 kompressor sport sedan (M271). 2nd owner! First owner was little old lady no joke only put 55,000 miles on the car. Great condition. So my question is it has pretty much every option on this car, but how do you tell if it has the harman/kardon upgraded stereo system. I can't tell. Any help or any advice about the car would be great. Previous owner did everything her advisor told her to do. (Trans service, coolant, brake flushes, spark plugs. I mean everything. Also any good mods or just over all advice. Thanks.
Old 03-16-2014 | 01:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 C230K, 2016 Honda CR-V, '74 Lotus Europa
I don't have HK stereo in my car so I'm not sure but I would suspect that the speaker grills would say something if you had it. Somebody here may be able to help you with using your VIN to know for sure.

As for mods, it all depends on what you want and how much money you have. For ME, I would replace the head unit with one with GPS and Bluetooth (I have a Pioneer that I like just fine, but there are lots of them). You say you have all the options so if you have Command, you may decide to stick with it. If you don't have bi-xenon head lights, I would get them. You can get DEPOs from ebay for A LOT less than real MB ones. They aren't as good but for the money, they are great. Of course, if you car is really fully loaded, you may already have them!

If you're looking for performance mods, there are chips, pulley kits, coil overs, wheels. You might be able to find some headers. And if you're looking for body work mods, there are rear spoilers, new front grilles, hood badges, front spoilers, etc.

It's all up to you! Let us know what you decide!
Old 03-17-2014 | 12:38 PM

2005 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan
Look at the rear speaker shelf behind back seat. If it has a Harman Kardon label on the driver side speaker you have the upgraded sound system. Also, if you see a Logic 7 surround setting in the standard audio settings, you have it. Check out the manual it's available online. http://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/servic...&class=C-Class
Old 03-17-2014 | 08:19 PM

Mercedes C230 Sport Sedan
Newbie,
In addition to what these guys have suggested, go to http://epc.startekinfo.com/epc/ and register. It is free for the first year. READ THE INSTRUCTIONS. This is not an intuitive website so you will need to pay attention or you'll get frustrated and lose a valuable resource. This site enables you to enter your VIN and it will print out your data sheet. It will tell you every option on the car, when it was built and where. Remember, this is a Mercedes-Benz site and the information packed into it is hugely valuable. In addition to getting all the dope on your car from the manufacturer, it enables you to get exploded views of every major component of your car. And it is free for the first year. Every time I go to the site I learn something new. One more time, read the instructions, follow them closely, and explore the options. Sometimes you have to dive very deeply into the categories, but don't be hesitant. Just do it. You will be amazed at all of the information M-B has kindly put at your fingertips. And it is free for the first year. Stop reading this post and get over to that website. You will thank me for the rest of your M-B ownership life. Enjoy. Jeff.