C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Where do people buy used performance parts??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-08-2014, 03:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 C230 Sport
Where do people buy used performance parts??

Hi Guys,

So I must be missing something. I'm very familiar with the forums, I've been on the s2000 forum for almost 8 years, so I know how to google search within just our forums etc.

I can't for the life of me find anyone selling any of the parts im looking for.

I know the Mercedes c class isn't as much of a mod car as the import scene, but honestly nothing over all of the united states for over a year?

I've been looking for an exhaust, remus, eisenmann, super sprint anything but magnaflow type, and the last thing I found was an eisenmann being sold in cali on craigslist in march of 2013. I just wont pay $1400 for an axle back stainless steel, non titanium exhaust, that's just ridiculous.

If anyone can point me in the direction of websites that may have more activity I'd appreciate it.

Also if anyone has any of the following good condition items for sale I'm interested in purchasing:

• Exhaust
    • Remus
    • Eisenmann Sport
    • Supersprint
  • Exterior
    • Real Carbon Fiber Front Lip Splitter
    • Real Carbon Fiber Rear Trunk Lip Spoiler
    • Real Carbon Fiber Diffuser
  • Suspension
    • H&R front swaybar
    • Eibach rear sway bar.
    • H&R Springs
  • Performance
    • Renntech intake for the m272.
Mainly looking for the exhaust and intake, the rest i'll probably end up buying new.

Thanks

James

Last edited by 05c230rpf1; 04-08-2014 at 03:12 PM.
Old 04-08-2014, 04:38 PM
Moderator Alumni

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts
w203 m112
Most of the stuff you listed shows up in the classified section. Give it a good look through.

Unfortunately, the modding MB community is very small, which in turn means less aftermarket options and when they are available, they're expensive. For those of us looking for used and high quality parts, this means that those parts are very hard to come by AND relatively expensive in used condition. I've been on here for years and I have scored a bunch of stuff from our classified section, but it just takes a LONG time.

Axle back options are so rare (and expensive), finding high quality + used examples can be really challenging, but when they do show up, they're usually snatched up quickly. Additionally, axle backs haven't shown ANY gains on these cars. Just more exhaust noise. There are some cheap options for more sound if you're looking for it.
Old 04-08-2014, 04:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 C230 Sport
Originally Posted by TruTaing
Most of the stuff you listed shows up in the classified section. Give it a good look through.

Unfortunately, the modding MB community is very small, which in turn means less aftermarket options and when they are available, they're expensive. For those of us looking for used and high quality parts, this means that those parts are very hard to come by AND relatively expensive in used condition. I've been on here for years and I have scored a bunch of stuff from our classified section, but it just takes a LONG time.

Axle back options are so rare (and expensive), finding high quality + used examples can be really challenging, but when they do show up, they're usually snatched up quickly. Additionally, axle backs haven't shown ANY gains on these cars. Just more exhaust noise. There are some cheap options for more sound if you're looking for it.

Thanks for the advice. I've been trolling the forums pretty frequently but now im ready to do some purchasing.

As for the exhaust, I want it as I am replacing the entire system, headers, 100 cell high flow cats, secondary cat deletes, keeping the resonator, and ending in a nice dual tipped muffler that adds some more deep growl. I love the eisenmann sport but I have NEVER seen one come up for sale.... stupid unicorn.
I want that refined but menacing growl that the german mufflers make, every exhaust clip I've heard of a flowmaster, magnaflow, or even borla I haven't liked.

Last edited by 05c230rpf1; 04-08-2014 at 05:11 PM.
Old 04-08-2014, 05:35 PM

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
2003 C230 Sports Coupe, Paprika Metallic Red, Auto, Pano, Leather
With regards to exhaust,.. here's a tip (no pun intended),...

Remus = Sebring They are both the SAME company, just goes by different names. Remus for North America and Sebring for Europe. Sebring used to be sold in North America,... but Canadian distributor failed so,... anyways, last year, I picked up a brand new cat-back Sebring exhaust for my coupe for about $500 (store was getting rid of old stock). I wouldn't even dream of finding a Remus cat-back system at that price,... even though Sebring and Remus are exactly the same,... just different stamp on the tip.