C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

beware of users pinky112 SCAMER

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-12-2014, 10:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 C230 Sport
beware of users pinky112 SCAMER

Hi everyone,

User pinky112 , email jremz4749@gmail.com, attempted to solicit the sale of an eisenmann sport exhaust in response to my wtb thread.

heres the emails so please beware of anything similar! NEVER send funds by western union or money gram etc its is not recoverable!!

Here are the emails, beginning at the bottom

Me
im going to have to pass thanks

him
I do understand your concern and I also would be careful when buyingany item sight unseen, but i'm just a retired God-fearing man of over65yrs of age and I have been honest and sincere in all my financialdealings and life endeavors. I will never rip-off* your hard earnedmoney as I work hard for every penny I earn.I would have loved to take PayPal but my PayPal account is currentlydormant. You have nothing to worry about as Money gram* is very strictand very secure. I would need to tender a recently paid utility billand a valid id card both bearing my home address so* payments* can betraced if anything goes wrong.

Me

Im very interested but youll have to forgive my skepticism. Im not> comfortable sending paypments any way other than paypal honestly. I took a look on mbworld and you just joined*today, have 0 posts and 0> threads. Would you be comfortable if we exchanged information, phone numbers, copies of drivers licenses etc. I would give you mine also of course. It wiuld just make me a lot more comfortable with the transaction.Please let me know. Thanks James

him
Yes, its brand new and never installed. I'm in texas.

Hi Justin, Wow that thjng is brand new!? Was it ever installed??>> >>> > Also beautiful Bianchi bike i see you have there in the background. I>> have a kestrel rt1000 myself. Might I ask where youre located?

Him
Hi James, I still have the Eisenmann Sport for a w203 in excellent shape and condition as seen in the attached photos. I'm asking $520 shipped for it. I will be shipping via UPS or FedEx whichever you prefer and shall accept payment via Money gram as my PayPal is dormant. What's your>> >> shipping address? thanks, Justin.
Old 04-13-2014, 12:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

What did this person scam you out of exactly?
Old 04-13-2014, 12:17 AM

2006 C230 Sport
Originally Posted by tc1728
What did this person scam you out of exactly?
They didn't, they attempted to have me to send them funds via western union for an item I was never going to receive.

Its a pretty well known scam to try and dupe people into sending them money via Money gram western union something like that and you never get the item promised.
Old 04-13-2014, 12:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I'm not saying it is or is not a scam, but technically, dude didn't do anything yet for you to call him out. With that said, I would have passed on that transaction also, but I'm an innocent till proven guilty kinda guy.
Old 04-13-2014, 12:39 AM

2006 C230 Sport
Originally Posted by tc1728
I'm not saying it is or is not a scam, but technically, dude didn't do anything yet for you to call him out. With that said, I would have passed on that transaction also, but I'm an innocent till proven guilty kinda guy.
Well I have been scammed in this very same way when I was younger.
so just trying to warn fellow users who may not be aware of this scheme.
Old 04-15-2014, 11:55 AM

BMW E34 535i
Hey guys, this just happened to me with the same email address. I posted a WTB on a motorcycle forum and he said he had the item - new member with zero posts.
First email:
Hi Garrett,

I still have the ZX7 L tank for sale in excellent shape and condition.
I'm asking $120 shipped for it. I will be shipping via UPS or FedEx
whichever you prefer and shall accept payment via Money gram as my
PayPal is dormant. What's your shipping address?

thanks,
Justin.

My reply:
Can you send some pics of it

His response:
Am having technical difficulties uploading images due to my poor ISP
bandwidth supply but condition is good and perfect.

My reply:
I'm not buying a fuel tank with out seeing pics first. Good luck with the sale
--------------------------------------------------------

I mean come on, it's 2014. EVERYONE has a fricken camera phone. How hard is to snap a pic and send it? According to his location on the other forum, he is in Texas.