C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Problems with my new c class

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-13-2002, 01:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32 AMG
Question Problems with my new c class

I am very pleased with my new c class but it has a few problems I would like some input on.

- The drivers seat does not appear to remember where it should be for any of the 3 position settings.

- Moving the drivers seat back a forth (as required) causes it to stop in random places and you have to back up and try again. It gets there eventually but this can't be right.

- The car pulls very slightly to the right.

- the plug in the rear bumper has fallen out

- I cant defeat the passenger door mirror 'dip on reverse' feature.

- The transmission appears to lurch on the over run at about 1500 rpm

FYI it is a C32 with 900 miles on, everything is standard.

Any inputs greatly appreciated. I would like to do something about the lack of a spare - any ideas?

Thanks is advance,

Neil
Old 03-13-2002, 01:33 AM
Almost a Member!

06 ML350; 05 Infiniti G35 Coupe
Neil, I wonder did you set up the "Convenience" settings by using the multifunction steering wheel.
You can set up the Easy-entry feature,key-dependent and mirror setting when parking.
Depend on your setting, each smartkey can memorize their own driver and passenger 3 position settings as well as other settings. If I were you, I will check the settings before I bring the car to dealer. Good Luck!!
Old 03-13-2002, 07:02 AM
DrX

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2002 ML320, 2003 A160
Re: Problems with my new c class

Originally posted by Neil
- I cant defeat the passenger door mirror 'dip on reverse' feature.
Does that mean you want it or you don't? If you want it, you need to have the passenger mirror button pressed when you engage reverse. Pressing the driver's mirror button resets the passenger mirror to normal.

If you don't want it, disable it in settings->convenience.

As for seat memory, it sounds like you're not pressing the M button first. If it doesn't work according to the manual instructions, have the service guys look at it. They'll need to fix that pulling tendency anyway.

We can help you more if you describe your seat memory problems in greater detail.

DrX
Old 03-13-2002, 09:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C240 6-spd (ret)
I don't have the memory system, but I believe if you leave the power mirror selector in the driver side position, the passenger mirror will not "dip" even if the feature is enabled through the "settings" screen. (may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I read this in the manual).
Old 03-13-2002, 11:38 AM
Admin Alumni

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
See Garage
Originally posted by MarkL
I don't have the memory system, but I believe if you leave the power mirror selector in the driver side position, the passenger mirror will not "dip" even if the feature is enabled through the "settings" screen. (may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I read this in the manual).
You are exactly right, MarkL. You can disable the look down mirror, either by deprogramming it as atsang311 suggests, or by selecting the left hand mirror on the dash panel.

Neal, you really need to spend some time reading the owner's manual pages on programming the seats and mirrors. Respectfully, all of your questions are answered in the manual.

The bumper towing pintle plug falling out issue is a new one, here, but like the "pulling to the right" issue, can be addressed under warranty at the dealer.

Last edited by MB-BOB; 03-13-2002 at 11:42 AM.
Old 03-13-2002, 05:24 PM

C32 AMG
Thanks for the help

Many thanks for the information and help. I had read the manual several times prior to posting so I have to conclude the seat is malfunctioning.

As to the mirror dipping on reverse I realised I knew that as soon as I read the first reply! Embarrasing or what!

As I said, thanks for all the help,

Regards
Neil
Old 03-14-2002, 01:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
GL450, Sienna SE
I wish I had those options... I wish I had a C32....