C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

COMMAND Navi Frozen On Start Up "Mercedes Benz" Page

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-30-2014, 03:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 AMG
COMMAND Navi Frozen On Start Up "Mercedes Benz" Page

Hello,
I recently started having a problem on my 2005 C55 were when I turn my car on the screen would freeze upon turning on. The music would play still at first but now the music does not work nor any of the buttons. The screen also sometimes stays on even after I turn off the car and the power button will not work sometimes as well.

I have changed out a COMMAND unit in the past on my old C230 and was thinking of purchasing a used unit and switching it out, but wanted to check if any one here had any other recommendations.

Also does anyone know of any other good sourced to purchase a used unit ?

Thanks
Old 05-31-2014, 04:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 AMG
Turned on the car today and the Comand turned on, all functions worked perfect. Turned off my car when I got to my destination and came back 1 hour later. When I turned the car back on it froze on the "Mercedes Benz" start up page and only functions that would work was the volume on the command as the radio was still playing. The steering wheel controls would not work and neither would any of the other buttons not the command.

After searching the forum I saw many people saying that disconnecting the battery or fuse may solve the issue but that did not work as well.

Any recommendations at this point?