C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Reversing mirror tilt

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-30-2014, 02:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes 2003 W203 C-Class Wagon
Reversing mirror tilt

Hey all,

I have a 2001 C320 and recently the feature where the side mirror will told down while reversing had gone a bit haywire. No matter what is selected in the PFD settings menu, the mirror will jitter up and down, and end up as far down as possible. When I enter drive, it will not return to the default memory selected setting. The drive side mirror will also have shifted as well.

As for problem solving, I have gone through drive and reverse and selected the proper mirror position for each gear; down for reverse, up for drive. It also happens regardless of the driver memory number set.

The driver seat memory settings are working properly.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Callum
Old 05-30-2014, 10:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2005 C Wagon (No snickering please!)
Inside the mirror is a device that tells the passenger door module the position of the mirror. This is unique to cars with memory seats.

The feedback device may be dirty and the signal received by the door module is erratic. Remove the mirror cover and look first for broken or cracked wires. If you have folding mirrors on a car of that age the wires are very suspect. Then examine the wires plugged into the mirror gimbal assembly. One wire is from the device that reports the position data. Clean it with Isopropyl Alcohol.