C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

w203 center vent directional flaps

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-17-2014, 03:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 C230 Sedan
w203 center vent directional flaps

I notice today that the center vent above the radio left side directional flap is not working. I use the center tab that can be pushed left or right seems to be working, but the flaps that it controls only moves the center flap and all the other flaps are not moving.

I investigated and notice that the center flap has an arm that attaches to does not pull on the plate behind it where it controls the set of flaps. It seems that it pops right out whenever push either to the left or right.

Is something broken or perhaps something is not set in? Any advice or experience with this issue that had a fixable outcome? Or is this dead in the water and I have replace this whole piece?

Thanks in advance.
Old 06-25-2014, 02:04 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2012 SLS AMG
Originally Posted by 04mbc230
I notice today that the center vent above the radio left side directional flap is not working. I use the center tab that can be pushed left or right seems to be working, but the flaps that it controls only moves the center flap and all the other flaps are not moving.

I investigated and notice that the center flap has an arm that attaches to does not pull on the plate behind it where it controls the set of flaps. It seems that it pops right out whenever push either to the left or right.

Is something broken or perhaps something is not set in? Any advice or experience with this issue that had a fixable outcome? Or is this dead in the water and I have replace this whole piece?

Thanks in advance.
04mbc230,

It sounds like it is time to replace the Center Vent Assembly in your car. We offer genuine Mercedes-Benz replacement Center Vent Assemblies on our site. You can get to them by clicking HERE, or by clicking on the photos of the Center Vent Assembly below.

If there is anything I can answer about this for you, please feel free to post or send a PM!
Old 06-25-2014, 02:32 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2004 Civic Si. FWD for the Win!
Yep, I've got the same issue with mine; I'd agree with ECS on the cause.

You can also get them on ebay pretty easily (that's what I did), save a few pennies, and hope that the ebay one lasts for a while.