C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

A Quandry

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2002, 04:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 Mercedes-Benz C230 Kompressor Sports Coupe
Take it as a lesson learned. Get the car, the car didn't know it was late, it is still anxiously awaiting its new owner. Don't let the car down. Take it home, baby it, love it, enjoy it. Last thing you want to do is let the car know that you originally had your eyes on another one that should have arrived earlier. That can cause terrible feelings of rejection. No new baby Benz deserves that. Tell the new car that it is exactly what you wanted, when you wanted it.
Old 03-15-2002, 05:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I agree with Flashman, you wanted it, it wants you, get it! This may be your last chance to get a C230K if it's true that next year it will get demoted to a C180K for the same price.
Old 03-15-2002, 05:08 PM

Thumbs up <Snort!>

Bob, I'll take your proposal under advisement. I would be much more inclined to go along with the idea if you would replace the <ahem> sport minivan with an S4. Please keep me posted as to the likelihood of this.

Flashman, I would never blame the delay on the poor car! Automobiles are not to be blamed for administrative snafu's. As it is, if I should happen to take the...uh... low road, I believe that the little Coupe has such a perfect combination of features (did I mention the 6-speed?), that it won't sit on the lot for very long.
Old 03-15-2002, 05:18 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
K Car
Originally posted by MB-BOB
(Don't dive in here, Revstriker, this was my idea. I though of it first. I don't care if you do have a 3-car garage in McKinney. You're further North than me... OK, so what if it's only a couple miles further North, it's still my idea, anyway, OK?)
LOL!! Bob, you sure are a hot sh**!! I would try to compete with you, but I can only offer a Mountain bike, and that's no good in the winter!
Old 03-15-2002, 05:36 PM
gab

Why not give a shot to the RWD Infiniti I35 if you want horsepower or the cheaper Nissian Altima?

And remember, Accord has a 5 year life span and all new accord is due in 2003 and new TL and CL will follow soon while the C230 is still in its 1st year running
Old 03-15-2002, 08:08 PM
Admin Alumni

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
See Garage
Originally posted by revstriker

LOL!! Bob, you sure are a hot sh**!! I would try to compete with you, but I can only offer a Mountain bike, and that's no good in the winter!
A Mountain bike? In Texas? Come on. I've seen taller fire ant hills than any mountain we have in North Texas! You must have brought thing to Texas from overseas! Or at least from Kansas...

Mapman, you want all-wheel drive on that S4, don't you? I thought so. Well, I guess I better pass. I don't do Audis any more than I do BMWs... Did I mention this minivan has only 73,000 miles on it?

Oh, well, enough (attempts) at humor for now. Have fun, all!
Old 03-15-2002, 08:27 PM

Originally posted by MB-BOB
Mapman, you want all-wheel drive on that S4, don't you? I thought so. Well, I guess I better pass. I don't do Audis any more than I do BMWs... Did I mention this minivan has only 73,000 miles on it?
Too bad, Bob. Things could have worked out so well! <sniff>

We need a good LOL smilie. The big grin just doesn't work all of the time.
Old 03-16-2002, 01:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
GL450, Sienna SE
My what a long thread this has become. Very interesting comments. My .02 is I think you should get whatever car you like the most. Is it that hard to get a C230K? Hmm. I have to admit it wasnt easy to get my car but I got it. Espically with all the options I wanted. But then again there are more MB dealers in southern cali.

Anyways, the CL-S is nice. I personally like the interior. Its comfortable. Very honda. The motor is ok. Not that great. I expected more. Its not as fast as I would think. My C36 had 8 more hp but was A LOT faster. My gf just went thru the same dilemma as you and she got the new A4. Base, it has a lot to offer for a cheap price. I like it a lot. My car has a better interior but then again I have sports package and such and she doesnt. The base C240 doesnt have anything. Its sad. I hated it. If I were you I would consider the A4. Its a nice car espically in 6spd. If you can wait go for the MB. Just get it with options.
Old 03-16-2002, 06:10 PM

Thumbs down Well, this sucks!

I test drove the Acura this morning. It's a very nice car. Smooth & powerful with a very slick manual trans. Weighing all of the factors that I can come up with, it's a freakin' toss-up. Both cars have their advantages & disadvantages. Price is nearly identical.

I have a very tough decision to make.

I hate this.
Old 03-16-2002, 06:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 smart cabrio; 2008 Mercedes-Benz B 200
So the question is....

...what about the intangibles? Would you "feel better" because you own a Honda/Acura, or because you own a Mercedes?

Back to tangibles. What about safety? I remember an article on a German coachbuilder that made convertibles out of Mercedes coupés, about a decade ago. One of his customers asked him to make a Honda Legend Coupé into a convertible (BTW, Acuras are actually badged as Hondas in Europe). The coachbuilder had to get all new spot welding equipment because the welders he used on the Benz sheetmetal burned right through the thinner Honda metal. No sh*t.

Also, ask yourself this. In 12 years, which of the two cars will be in better condition?

I think you know the answer

Good luck making a decision.
Old 03-16-2002, 08:02 PM

'05 c240 4matic wagon
Re: Well, this sucks!

Originally posted by Mapman
I test drove the Acura this morning. It's a very nice car. Smooth & powerful with a very slick manual trans. Weighing all of the factors that I can come up with, it's a freakin' toss-up. Both cars have their advantages & disadvantages. Price is nearly identical.

I have a very tough decision to make.

I hate this.
Lighten up. Now that we got all that out of the way - which one looks better?? Huh?

See, that wasn't so hard, was it?

It all comes down to this: Do you want to be part of this cool and exclusive group inhabiting this forum - the C-Pilots ?
Old 03-17-2002, 06:03 AM
Almost a Member!

of course a c230

Hey,
Dealers screw everyone. That's is life.

I would definitedly get the C230. I bought mine in 10/01, and my younger brother bought the TL type S in 07/01. He was all bragging about it and I drove his car, then I drove mine. Yes, type S has more horse power, but I heard it's not the same as the Mercedez. I heard Japanese Horsepowers are calculated differently or something to make it look better. Maybe I am wrong, but when I drive my car, I feel like it's more powerful than my brothers. Maybe it's psychological, the kompressor engine makes such a good music when you are cranking it up. Next, the size, it's kindda large, even for a CL. If you are going for a sport car look, not really cut it. Next, the brand, spend more money for a Japanese Name brand vs German Well known name brand. And it's about 5k cheaper too. Lastly, like you said, the interior quality is definitedly different. I drove my friend's C32 which is like more than $60k, the interior is very similar to mine.

If I was to struggle, I would pick BMW 3 serious ci. The interior is so nice and gear toward the driver side. However, decided not to go with it because I see WAY TOO MANY BMWs in the Bay Area. I hate to be the same as everyone else.

Hope this is convincing.