C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Door pogo, machine gun, bounce, whatever you call it

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-03-2014, 11:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2019 C300 Wagon; '75 Triumph TR6; previous: 2004 C230 6spd sold after 17 years of driving
Door pogo, machine gun, bounce, whatever you call it

Wondered if anyone sourced some domestically available springs rather than having to buy from England or the Philippines or some other foreign Ebay locale? I live in Canada but would be a lot more convenient and quicker if there was something available in the US or Canada.
It is ridiculous for MB to think that you need to replace the whole mechanism for an easily user-replaceable failure prone part not to mention the cost of $160+ vs a $3 spring, guess it would cost the end user the same if you factor in a mechanics time of replacing rather than taking apart and fixing. Funny how mechanics these days don't fix anything, just replace the component.

My rear door just started to do it and currently using the toothpick solution to stop the insanity but this ghetto fix is not in the cards for the long term

It sometimes amazes me that some of the simplest low-tech things that should last the life of the car somehow breaks or fails.

Many of the items are wonderfully over-engineered and a work of art, yet others are so insanely poorly thought out or choice of materials being woefully substandard

I love my car but I shake my head that silly things like this fails

Last edited by Boom vang; 08-04-2014 at 09:20 PM.
Old 08-04-2014, 03:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 208 Likes on 199 Posts
2003 C230K Coupe Orion Blue
Not sure if anybody sells them in Canada. I too searched for this.

I bought mine from Carrat Auto, located in Poland. Yeah they're not the cheapest (shipping is a killer), but the springs work. I didn't want to try making my own or sourcing elsewhere - if they can mass produce them, they probably know what they're doing. Tolerances were great, and the springs did their job. They have deals if you buy sets of springs (such as all 4 for your car). We all know it's not if - it's when, for every single door.

The other one I see floating around is i6 Automotive, in England. Can't speak for the quality of the product though.

Just like the fading cluster display, sometimes there's simply no OEM fix. Gotta take the plunge, my friend.

And in other news, looks like you hit 1000 posts.

Last edited by slammer111; 08-04-2014 at 03:59 AM.