C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

C240 Sedan Help Request

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-19-2002, 08:42 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C240 Sedan Help Request

just bought a used '01 c240 sedan w/COMMAND - no manuals were included so im trying to figure out the controls by myself - at least until the ones i ordered from Mercedes arrives. The car did not include a Motorola handset but there is a voice control stalk on the right side of the steering column and if you look in the shallow armrest bin under the teleaid buttons there is a socket which looks like it is wired with a live RJ-45 Type Telephone Connector. Does anyone know if this means that this car is "wired" for the phone system and all i need to obtain is a new handset? Is the Voice Control Stalk a giveaway to the phone being installed because its only listed as an option with the integrated phones on the Mercedes configurator or is the voice control stalk part of the COMMAND system. Any help is appreciated!
Old 03-20-2002, 11:51 PM
Almost a Member!

2002 C 240
Your C240 is pre-wired for Mercedes Motorola Cell phone. All you have to do is buy the installation kit and the phone.

You might want to check this thread for more info:
https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...&threadid=5737

hope it helps
Old 03-21-2002, 02:19 AM
Almost a Member!

I was hoping i just needed a handset and cradle...when you say i need an installation kit - do you mean like this one here..

http://www.autoclass.net/catalog/mer...ectronics.html

if i do that would bring the price for the phone and installation kit back up what i thought i would pay if my car wasn't "pre-wired".

thx.
Old 03-21-2002, 02:41 AM
Almost a Member!

2002 C 240
if i do that would bring the price for the phone and installation kit back up what i thought i would pay if my car wasn't "pre-wired".
what...
I don't get it.

Let me try to answer your question.

as far as the installation kit, yes that's the one. I believe the cradle, cable and stuffs like that are included in the kit. It should be plug and play.

And all late model mercedes are CD-changer and Cell phone prewired.

But again, as the guys said in the other thread, this kit is ONLY for Mercedes phone. Non Mercedes phone will not work with this kit.
Old 03-21-2002, 11:31 AM
Almost a Member!

I was hoping that what was in the installation kit was mostly already installed in my car - the original owner took the handset and cradle and whatever else plugs into the rj-45 type socket in the small bin under the teleaid buttons. My (clueless) dealer told me that i could buy the cradle separately though im not sure what cable goes from the phone to plug into the socket.