C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Gap insurance and bad experience at FLetcher Jones

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-14-2004, 11:21 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C230k
Angry Gap insurance and bad experience at FLetcher Jones

Hi All,

Does anyone here have GAP insurance on their car (this is for a loan, not a lease. I believe leases have gap already factored into the payment)?

Unfortunately, I am one of the people that owes more than my car is worth and was just wondering whether it is possible to buy it from the dealer or??? My son (17) will be driving one of my cars and I want it to be covered in case he totals it.

Also, have you ever heard of a dealer financing a car themselves instead of through a bank? I had a bad experience at Fletcher Jones (I know, you guys told me not to go there, but I was intrigued).

I went looking for a 2002 C230k on 12/22/03. It is now 1/14, they sold the car I was trying to finance, tried to put me in a new 2004 (which I don't want for various reasons, including the price)
and then told me they could finance me (I am on disability and going back to work in two weeks).

The internet salesmonkey told me everything was fine, then I didn't hear from him for 2 days. I called him back, then he said that my work told them I didn't work there anymore (a temp was sitting in my desk). No call to me!! After we got that worked out, I brought in all my proof of income (which I understood, but he said everything was ready to sign. IF that was the case, why the delay!!!)

Sorry I went off topic.... Ugh... I will never go to FJ again...

Thanks,

Laura
Old 01-15-2004, 08:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS350
Laura,

id advise you go not even look at fletcher jones as a dealer again.. IMO the drive might be long but you will have a great experience at the HOUSE. if you need a contact PM me because im not sure if ill get in trouble for posting his name..
Old 01-15-2004, 12:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The True OG Modded out W203
Dealers are scum bags. If it benefits them they will sell the car from underneath you w/no problems and give you a lame *** excuse. You have to play dirty w/them too unfortunately otherwise you are left w/a bad deal or a car you didnt want
Old 01-15-2004, 12:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
209/W210 Estate /W211 modded by MBENZNL
I Will NEVER use FLETCHER JONES again!!
Channel TWO did a NICE little feature on them for Me!
When Bogeys corner was a feature on the News...They DID in fact HELP me with Fletcher Jones ..Since NO help from Management...Once they sell you a car Your History!
Wonder how many THOUSANDS of viewers saw it..oh it ran more than ONCE!! Thanks Again Channel Two!!!!

I Would RUN as Fast as Possible from that dealer....Bigger is NOT Better!!

I Would Recommend Shelly Lazoff @Caliber Mercedes 714 777 1900 or cell 909 215 1321
Bought my last Mercedes from Him ..NO Stories..NO B/S..NO Games Great Prices...
Straight with you...Will Buy again from Him!!

You Can Post The Flectcher Jones Experience on a Forum!
http://dealerrater.com/

Last edited by MARK CUMMINS; 01-15-2004 at 02:21 PM.