C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

I got charged for WARRANTY work..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-15-2004, 05:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
09' BMW M3 E90
I got charged for WARRANTY work..

What is the warranty on the benz? I thought it was 5 years? There was a problem with my lights. They said the problem was with the sensor on the rear view mirror. They said wires where loose in there and the warranty did not cover it because my car had more than 20000kms on it. They charged me $66.00 to fix the problem. Is this right? I have an c230k with 29K on it.

I am taking the car back anyways because the problem is still there. But why are they charging me for loose wire work. I thought i had 5 year warranty on this car. Is MB ripping me off????? If they are i am going to write a letter to MB canada.

thanks...
Old 01-15-2004, 05:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2000 ML320/'03 C320WZ
what year is your Car?

In US its only 4 years 50K miles..I don't know in CA.
Old 01-15-2004, 05:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'05 A4 1.8TQM6
Here it is explained on MB CA's website:

http://www.mercedes-benz.ca/index.cfm?ID=383

warranty work (what your describing) is 4 years/80,000km.

-G-
Old 01-15-2004, 05:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

09' BMW M3 E90
What is Adjustment period? I think that's what they are talking about. Adjustment period is 20000kms. They told me my car had more than 20k On it and the loose wire work was not covered under warranty. Are they Bull $h!ting me or what?

The problem is with my Head-light delay switch. I told them to fix this problem before. They said they couldn't find any problem with it. Now they are saying it was my sensor.Beacause they couldn't find the problem before is it my foult to pay them? I had enough with my service department.

On top of everything they where suppose to fix my steering wheel buttons which where cracked. last month they got my car in to fix the problem but the keys where wrong color. Now i brought the car in to get it changed again. They said they got the wrong color button again. I am getting sick and tired of my service dept. it is allways BS with them. I am going to write a complain to MB Canada.

Sorry i had to vent. But i ussually don't post too many of my problem here. And if i where to list all my problems it would take hours. I think i am going to trade this car in. I love my car but tooo many probelms and bad service.

I phoned the Service Dept. back today and they told me to bring the car in again because they said they don't know what i am talking about.

Old 01-15-2004, 05:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'05 A4 1.8TQM6
Originally posted by Iceman's C230
What is Adjustment period? I think that's what they are talking about. Adjustment period is 20000kms. They told me my car had more than 20k On it and the loose wire work was not covered under warranty. Are they Bull $h!ting me or what?

The problem is with my Head-light delay switch. I told them to fix this problem before. They said they couldn't find any problem with it. Now they are saying it was my sensor.Beacause they couldn't find the problem before is it my foult to pay them? I had enough with my service department.

On top of everything they where suppose to fix my steering wheel buttons which where cracked. last month they got my car in to fix the problem but the keys where wrong color. Now i brought the car in to get it changed again. They said they got the wrong color button again. I am getting sick and tired of my service dept. it is allways BS with them. I am going to write a complain to MB Canada.

Sorry i had to vent. But i ussually don't post too many of my problem here. And if i where to list all my problems it would take hours. I think i am going to trade this car in. I love my car but tooo many probelms and bad service.

I phoned the Service Dept. back today and they told me to bring the car in again because they said they don't know what i am talking about.

Wow...sorry dude. I know some dealers can be @$$holes. You should definately write to MB Canada and explain your situation. Is there another dealership around that may be better than your current one?

Good Luck.

-G-
Old 01-15-2004, 06:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

09' BMW M3 E90
Here is just some of the problem i had one year with this car.

-Blown Head Gasket. The car was in for a month waiting for parts.

-Leaky Head Gasket. Because they didn't do a good job in the first place.

-Major Electrical problems. Because when they replaced my head gasket they pinched lot of wires.

-Major Electrical problems. Because they didn't free some of the pinched wires from the Engine.

-Panaroma roof wont open. They had to order a whole new rail. In for a week.

-Squeaking panaroma roof. It was fine before i brought it in but they screwed it up when fixing it before. Now they can't get rid of the problem

-Cracked Steering wheel Buttons. Not fixed yet beacuse they keep ording the wrong color.

-Sqeaking sway bar. Bushings had to be replaced.

-Glove compartment wont close.

-ESP-BAS Warning light. They tried to fix it but came on again.

-Check Engine light. They couldn't find a problem.

This is just some of the problems just in one year. I have more to list but this is just an example of some of the things went wrong. I think i been very nice with MB so far but i am starting to get P!!sed.
Old 01-15-2004, 06:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'05 A4 1.8TQM6
Originally posted by Iceman's C230
Here is just some of the problem i had one year with this car.

-Blown Head Gasket. The car was in for a month waiting for parts.

-Leaky Head Gasket. Because they didn't do a good job in the first place.

-Major Electrical problems. Because when they replaced my head gasket they pinched lot of wires.

-Major Electrical problems. Because they didn't free some of the pinched wires from the Engine.

-Panaroma roof wont open. They had to order a whole new rail. In for a week.

-Squeaking panaroma roof. It was fine before i brought it in but they screwed it up when fixing it before. Now they can't get rid of the problem

-Cracked Steering wheel Buttons. Not fixed yet beacuse they keep ording the wrong color.

-Sqeaking sway bar. Bushings had to be replaced.

-Glove compartment wont close.

-ESP-BAS Warning light. They tried to fix it but came on again.

-Check Engine light. They couldn't find a problem.

This is just some of the problems just in one year. I have more to list but this is just an example of some of the things went wrong. I think i been very nice with MB so far but i am starting to get P!!sed.
Damn...I would definately express how your feel to MB Canada and explain what's going on with your dealer. Maybe they can compensate you somehow?

Good luck man.

-G-
Old 01-15-2004, 07:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Wow, after reading that list of things that they screwed up, I'm thinking that they caused the present problem too.

This definitely warrants a letter to MB Canada, and maybe even a lawyer's involvement.