C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

C200 Kompressor not starting

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-09-2015, 07:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 C200 Mercedes Kompressor
C200 Kompressor not starting

Hi everyone am new to this site and joined because of all the good advice that I have read here.
My problem is that last week all was running well until the 5th March 2015 that morning the C200 started but missed and would not rev out it would just behave as though it was starving fuel.
Checked the fuel pump line under bonnet and seemed to have very good pressure as could not keep finger over outlet pipe.
checked plugs and found one not firing so switched plugs still not firing then switched coils and found one coil not producing power to plug.
So thought it was a faulty coil so bought a new coil installed it with a new plug and checked spark all okay then tried to start and no go engine would turn and you could hear at intervals like firing in the sump and back through air filter.
It sounded as if the firing order was reversed like fitting the incorrect plug to the coil however that was not the case.
I put everything back to original however still the same, what I cannot get my head around is why it started and ran that morning albeit missing however 6 hours later after fitting a new coil no go.
Mechanics say it is probably the head has blown and even doing a cold compression test would not be 100% because it needs to be done hot.
Any ideas would be appreciated - Brian