C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Tradin' in the old C class!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-02-2004, 04:32 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C320 Sport Sedan 4matic
Damn!

Is the winter getting to everybody! It's been a rough week on this forum. I hope things can get back to normal already.

PEACE!!!
Old 02-02-2004, 05:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 Lexus GS300 RWD, '07 Camry SE V6 auto, '91 190E 2.6 auto
Sorry fellas
No more arguing from me
I went out today and bought the wood dash kit for the Sequoia from the dealer. The finish looks almost exactly like that in our old C240! YES!!!! I loved that dark burlwood finish . My future mods so far include installing an XM Roady, 'blacking-out' the "V8" logo on the front grille and putting some Philips Weathervision 'yellow' bulbs in the driving lights. I'd like to de-badge the rear (Sequoia and iForceV8) and sides (Limited), but my wife won't let me
Old 02-04-2004, 05:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Just in case anyone was curious, this is the wood kit I just installed in our '04 Limited Sequoia that I had mentioned previously. I think the finish is VERY close to that in our old C240, except this is just plastic applique (what do you expect for $250?!). It also came with the pieces for the door switchplates. Funny - as much as we enjoyed the C240 and hated trading it in, we're not missing it too much yet

Jim
Old 02-05-2004, 02:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Honda Grom
congrats jim. Toyota's are generally very realiable vehicles. A chick I was diddling last year had a white sequoia and after riding in it, I had a hard time deciding on the MB or sequoia. Very nice SUV... I still don't see how people pay money for an expedition over the sequoia.

btw... to answer brett's stupid remark. Every toyota I have owned has run over 200K miles on original motor. My "beater" truck has 400K and is still gorgeous. Is your benz going to do that? SHUT IT, be civil, and stop pissing in jim's wheaties. you sound like the insecure one they talked about in the "survey".
Old 02-05-2004, 03:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This was a very enjoyable thread to read. I am not down with SUV's, but I refuse to be "intimidated" by them on the road. Use your "right of way" and they will stop.

Jim Banville is cool in my book. You are cool, Mr. Banville.
What you drive has nothing to do with who you are.

Now, try this experiment. For a day or two, every time you see an SUV, look at the person that is driving. You will be surprised at the demographics. Certainly not the demographics of the men driving the big trucks to work and back...

Old 02-05-2004, 10:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I'd just like to say that it is of no consequence to me WHY a company designs a product in a certain way or HOW they market it. All that matters is if it appeals to me at all levels. Does that mean I can be boxed in to their "demographics"? No. "Taste" is a very subjective thing. I'm a 32 year old white male, married and a father of two children, living in the deep south. Does this mean I like country music, drink beer and watch baseball? "Demographics" would probably say I do, but in reality, I don't care for any of those things! (seriously -I HATE the taste of beer!)

I think the VAST majority of people become much more aggresive when they get behind the wheel of ANY vehicle. I also think that when a person is driving a large vehicle, they may think the vehicle's size gives them more "presence" which would demand some sort of "respect" as far of right-of-way (i.e., I think people are a lot less likely to pull out in front of a large vehicle than a much smaller one, such as a motor cycle). I can speak from experience that people had no problem whatsoever in pulling out right in front of me when I used to have a motorcycle! Do some people take advantage of this large presence to "bully" smaller vehicles? I'm sure, but you can't stereotype everyone who drives an SUV for the acts of a few. In fact, my wife mentioned the other day that she feels like she is driving more conservatively since switching from the C240 to the Sequoia.

Anyway, thanks for the kind words from the majority of you all! May you have years of many trouble-free miles in your Benz's