C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

No Sound & CD Changer after installing SprintBooster

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-04-2015, 01:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy No Sound & CD Changer after installing SprintBooster

Hey everyone and thanks in advance for your time!

I have a 2001 C320 Sedan and I just purchased the SprintBooster for my car and I'm enjoying it! But ever since I installed it, my stereo shows "No CD Changer" and there's no sound coming out of my speakers no matter what input I switch into. I thought that maybe the SprintBooster is causing this issue since I literally got this problem as soon as I installed it within minutes so I removed it and didn't even bother plugging the throttle back in and checked the stereo with no luck.

I did some search as usual before posting and I heard of things like either the fiber connection being disconnected or damaged to check the fuse box on the left driver side and take out/in the fuse for the stereo which was fuse #26. So I took out the fuse, looked at it, looks fine to me, and put it back and still no go.

It's really hard to open up that flap to see the wires above the pedals that's covered by a wall of plastic and the fuse itself looked just fine. I'm definitely thinking that I might've pulled something or maybe even ruined something in the process of installing the SprintBooster but I can't think of how I could've even done that because I can't really see any wires from the opening where the top of the pedal sits.

I just need some help getting ideas on what could've caused this and what I can really do, I appreciate the help!
Old 05-04-2015, 04:44 PM
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
THE C350
What did you do to install the sprintboster? tell us everything you touched/removed.
You either damaged a wire going to something important or a fiber wire. As you figured out you have the Bose stereo like all 01 c320's and it uses fiber wires to connect the radio, cd player, teleaid unit, phone system and the amp together. Once you let us know what you did we can try to figure out where you need to check next.

Last edited by samaritrey; 05-04-2015 at 04:47 PM.
Old 05-04-2015, 08:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Originally Posted by samaritrey
What did you do to install the sprintboster? tell us everything you touched/removed.
You either damaged a wire going to something important or a fiber wire. As you figured out you have the Bose stereo like all 01 c320's and it uses fiber wires to connect the radio, cd player, teleaid unit, phone system and the amp together. Once you let us know what you did we can try to figure out where you need to check next.
During installation, I only removed the throttle pedal completely and connected the sprint booster. During its removal, I had a hard time taking the throttle out and I started adding some force after trying to bring it out for 5 minutes so I'm wondering if the throttle was somehow hooked onto the fiber wire which is why I asked if anyone knows if any Bose fiber wire is placed near the throttle/pedals. That is all that I touched

Now after I have installed the sprintbooster, here's what I touched.

* Reseated Fuse 26 on left side driver door fuse box
* Reseated Fuse #? in engine compartment fuse box for stereo
* Restarted Car
* Removed SprintBooster but stereo still not working

and that is pretty much it...

Again, still experiencing my stereo turning on, CD Changer still makes noise and turns on, but zero audio out to speakers no matter what input and it doesn't detect my CD changer

thanks again

Last edited by CodeBlue; 05-04-2015 at 08:18 PM.
Old 05-05-2015, 01:54 PM
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
THE C350
Do you happen to have a nav unit? If so we can have it check what is connected in the fiber ring and what is not. I suspect you don't though as it was rare in 01.
I can think of two options either one get someone with a star computer either on here like myself or a dealer to check it out and see what errors are coming up.
Option two is to take the car apart and look for a twisted or broken fiber wire/wire and double check all fuses for the radio, amp, teleaid ect.
If you go with option two I would start by taking out the panel above the pedals and pull the carpet back and see if you see any wire issues that you may have disturbed. You could also check behind the radio which is fairly easy to remove as well as check for power and for light in the fiber cable back at the rear amp and the teleaid unit which is under that panel in front of the spare tire. To check for light in the fiber cable the system will have to be on and don't look into the end but one side will give off a red glow while the other side won't.

I would also look around on here and see if you can figure out which side the fiber goes down to get to the trunk i can't remember for sure but think it is the driver side but could be wrong.

Last edited by samaritrey; 05-05-2015 at 02:02 PM.