C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

C Class (W203) Vehicles Needed for Prototype

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-29-2004, 04:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C Class (W203) Vehicles Needed for Prototype

Automotive Engineering company based in San Diego, CA
is looking any local C Class (230, 240, 320, 32) owners interested aiding R&D Dept. with Ignition Data Acquisition for development of product(s).
Candidate will be required to bring their vehicle to our facility
in Miramar, San Diego, CA. The vehicle would be needed for at least four hours.

Any participants interested, please contact Ignition Solutions
at (858) 586-0080 and ask for Noel. Or email at igniteme@ignitionsolutions.com

Participant will be limited to 1 candidate per chassis.

Thank you for your consideration.
Old 01-29-2004, 04:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Be careful, Noel. If you are not paying Evosport their $250 per month extortion, I mean advertising, fee you are in violation of the Terms of Use and will be banned without warning or explantation.
Old 01-29-2004, 05:27 PM

Thank you very much for the warning.
I wasn't even aware of that situation.

Cheers,

Noel
Old 01-29-2004, 05:52 PM
Banned

C230K
Originally posted by Lynn
Be careful, Noel. If you are not paying Evosport their $250 per month extortion, I mean advertising, fee you are in violation of the Terms of Use and will be banned without warning or explantation.
LOL, classic...
Old 01-29-2004, 05:54 PM
Almost a Member!

2004 C240/ 2000 Civic Si
What will you guys be R&D on? need to be a little more specific.
Old 01-29-2004, 06:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
209/W210 Estate /W211 modded by MBENZNL
Re: C Class (W203) Vehicles Needed for Prototype

Originally posted by ISIEngineer
Automotive Engineering company based in San Diego, CA
is looking any local C Class (230, 240, 320, 32) owners interested aiding R&D Dept. with Ignition Data Acquisition for development of product(s).
Candidate will be required to bring their vehicle to our facility
in Miramar, San Diego, CA. The vehicle would be needed for at least four hours.

Any participants interested, please contact Ignition Solutions
at (858) 586-0080 and ask for Noel. Or email at igniteme@ignitionsolutions.com

Participant will be limited to 1 candidate per chassis.

Thank you for your consideration.
Any HP Gains or Air / Fuel Changes with the Coils?
Done any LONG term testing?
Old 01-29-2004, 06:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2000 ML320/'03 C320WZ
Noel

What kind a compensation can we get for volunteering our car?
Is it safe no ECU damage can be done? you have to elaborate a little more what are you going to do to our car. PM me if you want.
Old 01-29-2004, 07:11 PM
Banned

C230K
Noel can't respond without risking being banned.... Sad isn't it?
Old 01-29-2004, 07:12 PM

'03 c320wz
IM INTERESTED IN BEING IN. just give me details on what you'll be doing, how long will you have my car. etc. pm me.
Old 01-29-2004, 07:22 PM

HAHAH ALL HELL HAS BROKEN LOOSE @ MBWORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-29-2004, 07:24 PM

Replies:

Gump:

Our company specializes on automotive ignition products.
Currently we've received numerous request from our international market to develop an ignition upgrade for the MB motors such as the products that we make for BMW, and Audi/VW.

Basically we would need to have the vehicle in our facility to obtain data from the ignition coils. Us driving the vehicle is not needed. For us to obtain data, we would need to have the vehicle in our facility to note the OEM ignition configuration and to
hook up our computer simulation to the ignition coils to properly tune them. Once we obtain these data, it will take us about a week or two to develop a prototype of the system, if at all possible. From there, I can send out the system to the candidate
and have them run our system and get some feedback. I will also build several other prototypes to send to my international distribution network for further testing and data acquisition.
If you need more explanation, please feel free to contact me via email or by phone.

JimB: If we are able to develop a system for the vehicle, and depeding on what is needed, we will offer our system to the candidate for free or for a generous discount for aiding us.

No ECU damage will be done to the vehicle. Our system does not interfere with the ECU. Our technology is currently offered for BMW, Audi/VW and other OEM manufacturers, and we would like to extend our market to MB. If you need more explanation, please feel free to contact me via email or by phone.

Mark Cummins:
Currently we do not have a system developed for the MB motors nor have we tried to apply our technology to the MB motors. I cannot state any HP gains at this time, and after then, HP gains will will vary from each vehicle. From the other motors using our technology, tuning the A/F ratio to compliment our coponents yielded better gains than just intsalling our system alone. But this is only done per case basis, depending on how elaborate the engine is and what the customer's goal is with the engine.
As of date, we have not done any testing with the MB motors, that is why I have posted several messages on this forum.
If you need more explanation, please feel free to contact me via email or by phone.

Cheers,

Noel
Old 01-29-2004, 10:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

r171
i wouldnt mind. but are you gonna throw a free supercharger in?
Old 01-29-2004, 10:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Lynn
Kineda was banned, why? and I just reffered someone over to Evosport/ShoShop for Kleemann S/C work.
Old 01-29-2004, 11:03 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally posted by Buellwinkle
Kineda was banned, why? and I just reffered someone over to Evosport/ShoShop for Kleemann S/C work.
He was banned because he posted a picture of his new interior. BUNK eh?

Completely weaksauce.

Last edited by Chaoticboy; 01-30-2004 at 01:51 PM.
Old 01-29-2004, 11:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 C300 Sport
Originally posted by Chaoticboy

Completely weaksauce.
Old 01-30-2004, 03:14 AM
Almost a Member!

2004 C240/ 2000 Civic Si
Will there be any irreversible modifications done to the ignition system or to the car at all?

Last edited by Gump; 01-30-2004 at 03:17 AM.
Old 01-30-2004, 04:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E320

Completely weaksauce.
Old 01-30-2004, 04:34 AM
Guest0001

Completely weaksauce.
That's pretty F*cked up

Old 01-30-2004, 10:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
kineda was not banned without warning. He was sent several warning messages and has been spoken to in the past.
Old 01-30-2004, 12:52 PM
Almost a Member!

of course we have to believe you as he can't speak for himself now.
You guys sent him an email stating that he "looked" like he was organizing a group buy and that was not allowed.

He explicitly told you he was not and that he was just posting pictures of his new mods.

Something no one even offers, not competing with any other sponsor, and all of a sudden he was banned.

I've been members of many forums and I've been sent emails warning me of the content in my post. We're all just human here and sometimes we "may" come off the wrong way and misunderstandings can happen. But for some reason, after that warning email, the mods/admins decide that he MUST be banned for posting pics of his new interior. Many others post for sale posts in the 203 forum but they are not locked or even warned.

In a public forum, you have to be fair to all the members and not play favoritism. I feel MBworld has a hidden agenda in banning Kineda. I believe he is a threat as he is the founder of www.csportcoupe.com. I'm sure they just wanted to find any reason to ban him and this just happened to be it.

Very not cool. Bring back those posts and threads MODS!!! Let the people decide how Kineda was being a BAD BOY!!! We know you can't because clearly those involved in that thread know he was well within the TOU.
Old 01-30-2004, 12:55 PM
Banned

Geez, there is no getting away from this is there?? I will admit that it has raise my brow.
Old 01-30-2004, 01:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
of course we have to believe you as he can't speak for himself now.
You guys sent him an email stating that he "looked" like he was organizing a group buy and that was not allowed.

He explicitly told you he was not and that he was just posting pictures of his new mods.

Something no one even offers, not competing with any other sponsor, and all of a sudden he was banned.

I've been members of many forums and I've been sent emails warning me of the content in my post. We're all just human here and sometimes we "may" come off the wrong way and misunderstandings can happen. But for some reason, after that warning email, the mods/admins decide that he MUST be banned for posting pics of his new interior. Many others post for sale posts in the 203 forum but they are not locked or even warned.

In a public forum, you have to be fair to all the members and not play favoritism. I feel MBworld has a hidden agenda in banning Kineda. I believe he is a threat as he is the founder of www.csportcoupe.com. I'm sure they just wanted to find any reason to ban him and this just happened to be it.

Very not cool. Bring back those posts and threads MODS!!! Let the people decide how Kineda was being a BAD BOY!!! We know you can't because clearly those involved in that thread know he was well within the TOU.
Sorry to inform you those posts are deleted and they cannot come back. Why would kineda be considered a threat? This is just the freakin' internet, not trench warfare. I don't know why everyone is huffing and puffing about this, email or post to the admin if you feel wrongly about this decision.

btw, kineda did not tell ME anything so please don't tell me that he did. Just so you know I am here to help people, not argue with them. I am glad you feel the need to tho, thanks.
Old 01-30-2004, 01:25 PM
Almost a Member!

C230K
this is freaking stupid, getting banned form the board for helping out fellow benz owners with products at a good price!!! I can't believe it, but whatever, rules are rules, i guess.
Old 01-30-2004, 01:31 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally posted by AlBoston
Sorry to inform you those posts are deleted and they cannot come back. Why would kineda be considered a threat? This is just the freakin' internet, not trench warfare. I don't know why everyone is huffing and puffing about this, email or post to the admin if you feel wrongly about this decision.

btw, kineda did not tell ME anything so please don't tell me that he did. Just so you know I am here to help people, not argue with them. I am glad you feel the need to tho, thanks.
I'm sure you know recently CSportcoupe.com has opened up it's forums to sedan members. This is just an assumption on my part that may be the case.

The other thing I don't understand is ... why delete the whole thread and not just lock it with an explanation? That's also quite convenient.

The reason I feel strongly about this is because I know what happened. I also know how invaluable Kineda's posts are to the community as a contributor. And the fact that the Admin's decide to delete and ban a member that brings so much to the community over "gray area posts" when there are other blatent posts on the forums that are clear for sale posts and they are left un-moderated is completely unfair.

FAIRNESS is the point we are trying to get across here. That's all.
Old 01-30-2004, 01:39 PM

c230 Coupe
I also find it rediculous that Kineda was banned. He has always been a helpful and informative member of this board, rules or no rules It looks like discrimination to me, and what happened to Komp Man? What are you guys gonna do just ban everyone? Pretty soon you will have no board left. Go ahead and ban me if you want for expressing opinion but everyone obviously agrees with me here. i have ALWAYS been a bigger fan of this board over the others but thats because of the crowd- if they go I go.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: C Class (W203) Vehicles Needed for Prototype