C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Retrofitting Heated Seats problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-24-2015, 01:54 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
E63S || C63 || E550 Coupe || Cayenne ||
Retrofitting Heated Seats problem

Hi guys,

As some of you may know, I'm stripping out a C32 and transferring everything over to my C240.

I got the fully electric seats working, but am having some troubles with the heated seats.

The harness for the heated seats have been taken out completely from the C32.

1 plug to each chair, with Purple / Gray colored wires to distinguish between the 2 sides.

1 plug goes into the back of the row of buttons in the middle of the dash with the heated seat button.

1 ground with 2 brown wires, 1 going into each chair.

1 fuse wire

Here is the problem.

I plug in the fuse, bolt down the fuse and plug in all the connectors..but only my passenger heated seats work. (Somewhat working.. )

The LED light on the passenger side will light up and the seat backing will warm up, while the butt cushion has no heat and stays cool.

The driver's side - nothing happens. The LEDs don't even light up when I press the heated seats button, let alone the driver side heating up.

Since the plugs are the same, I flipped the plugs. This time, the drivers side LEDS light up, but the chair doesn't get warm. The passenger side LED don't light up this time with no heat to the chair either.

I know this is really confusing, but if somebody can shed some light on this situation, it would be super appreciated!

PS - me being the idiot, forgot to check if both heated seats worked while they were still on the C32. I just checked for full electric movement.