C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Electrical System Repaired (Maybe)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-06-2004, 11:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 ML350 4Matic
Thumbs down Electrical System Repaired (Maybe)

Finally got the car back
Dealer indicated that the cause for the electrical failure was a water leak in the front passenger compartment. - Something about a seal where the fender joins the body. - I never heard of such a thing.

The fix - Replace defective modules and repair leak.
Total time - 1 1/2 weeks.

Do problems still exist? - YES

The car was cold when I received it, therefore I did not realize that the heat was not working. I drove away and sure enough about 10 minutes later I realized that the HVAC system is not responding even though the display indicates that it is on.

The rain sensing wipers are sensing the rain, they merely act like intermittent wipers.

I asked the Service Advisor to check a problem with the light socket in the front left turn signal - problem not addressed.

I asked for a replacement windshield washer fluid bottle neck portion because the anchor portion had split in three, allowing the neck of the bottle to float freely - Dealer fixed the problem by placing a quick tie around the neck of the bottle into the screw hole. - Not the correct fix.

So now its the weekend and I am stuck with a car that is lacking in heat or any ventillation system.

I am becoming extremely dissatisfied with this car.
Does anybody have any ideas on how to correct these problems without losing the car for another extended period with an incompetent dealer?