C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

2005 W203 C240 Suspension help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-10-2015, 09:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MB W203 2005 4Matic
2005 W203 C240 Suspension help!

Hi, I've been finding all my solutions for the problems that occur with my car but I have a very specific question. My current suspension is the stock one and hasn't been replaced since my parents first bought the car brand new. It is currently at 96,300 miles and the car's suspension is terrible. I dont know what parts I need but I want it to be comfortable and decent handling. Right now I hear a loud bang from the rear passenger side when its cold out and the car rolls over a crack in the road and sometimes I hear the front of the car creak when i accelerate and brake to a full stop. Thanks in advance!
Old 10-11-2015, 01:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C230 COUPE 2003 M271
Originally Posted by itzzoscar
Hi, I've been finding all my solutions for the problems that occur with my car but I have a very specific question. My current suspension is the stock one and hasn't been replaced since my parents first bought the car brand new. It is currently at 96,300 miles and the car's suspension is terrible. I dont know what parts I need but I want it to be comfortable and decent handling. Right now I hear a loud bang from the rear passenger side when its cold out and the car rolls over a crack in the road and sometimes I hear the front of the car creak when i accelerate and brake to a full stop. Thanks in advance!
front of the car sounds like a ball joint. rear - honestly there are so many linkages you will need to jack it up, remove the wheel and check for play in any of those parts. it may be worth while to just pay a mechanic for 1/2 hr to diagnose before just throwing parts at it.
Old 10-11-2015, 02:26 PM

MB W203 2005 4Matic
Originally Posted by wvadam
front of the car sounds like a ball joint. rear - honestly there are so many linkages you will need to jack it up, remove the wheel and check for play in any of those parts. it may be worth while to just pay a mechanic for 1/2 hr to diagnose before just throwing parts at it.
Thanks! i'll bring it to my mechanic and tell him to put it on the lift. should i replace my shocks because the ride is super stiff and bouncy.
Old 10-11-2015, 10:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C230 COUPE 2003 M271
can you clarify what you mean by stiff and bouncy. is it stiff or bouncy? if it is bouncy, press down on each corner of your car and watch it bounce. ir should return back up, the down again, not more. if it keeps bouncing several times the shock is blown.

if a mechanic is checking the suspension just ask him to check that too but be warned about part prices. get them online from sachs or bilstein and you will save a lot over what shops mark them up.
Old 10-12-2015, 12:11 AM

MB W203 2005 4Matic
Originally Posted by wvadam
can you clarify what you mean by stiff and bouncy. is it stiff or bouncy? if it is bouncy, press down on each corner of your car and watch it bounce. ir should return back up, the down again, not more. if it keeps bouncing several times the shock is blown.

if a mechanic is checking the suspension just ask him to check that too but be warned about part prices. get them online from sachs or bilstein and you will save a lot over what shops mark them up.
I will try that in the morning. The car cant take bumps well at all and i feel every road imperfection. I live in New York City so our roads are garbage.