C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

upgrading the bose upgrade

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-13-2004, 12:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 C320 sport 6speed manual
upgrading the bose upgrade

I've read all the forums (I think) regarding stereo upgrades and have failed to find the info I was looking for. I know that totally replacing the system; deck unit, changer, amp, speakers, wiring and all will yield me the optimal sound. But I'm looking at improving what I have only keeping the deck unit and cd changer. Having heard the finest systems money can buy and owning a high end home system myself, I know what good sound is. With that said, I clearly hear the flaws in the Bose system, but there is still a little bit of the good stuff coming from it (if you're sitting in the front) especially when the settings are right. I've been told that there are some aftermarket shops out there that specialize in improving this particular system without compromising the fiberoptic loop. I understand there are some newly developed components that can be added downstream of the deck unit by converting it's available output into RCA's and then adding amplifiers, crossovers, and new spearkers that are compatible with the current Fiber optic requirements.

Is anyone aware of any shops that specialize in Mercedes and can supply these components, amps, or speakers that can be added to this fiberoptic system. I'd love to talk to someone who has experience modifying the Bose upgrades while preserving the dash and CD changer. I don't want the MB10 because it doesn't have a tape player and that's important for me. I know that I won't be getting the best sound without replacing the head unit, but any massive improvement on an already ok sound will be good enough for me. I'm in the Seattle area and any installer near by would be great.