C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Just got her back!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2002, 07:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C230 coupe 6sp
Just got her back!

Just picked her up from the body shop after a close encounter with a deer a few weeks ago. Basically wiped out the whole drivers side, and put a dent in the roof. Had it fixed at European Body Works here in Atlanta, and I must say, they did an excellent job. I do custom painting on motorcycles for a living, so I am VERY picky. I've only found a couple of tiny things that I will fix myself. So if you need bodywork in the Atl. area, I highly recommend these guys. Their shop looks like a hospital inside-that's how clean it is. The rear quarter panel was totally caved in, and they pulled it without having to weld a new panel in. It is a 99% job that only somebody who really knows what to look for could fault anything about it. BTW, does anyone know what the coax cable in the rt rear quarter panel is for? There is also a plug with optical pickups and a cap over it in there. I was looking for the wires to put a sub-woofer in-hoping they were already there. Anyone know? Here's a couple of pics.
Old 03-29-2002, 07:31 PM

C230 coupe 6sp
Another picture...
Old 03-29-2002, 07:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 VW GTI
...wow that white looks good! Especially the roof

I asked the same ?s about the connectors a while back. Answers I got: The coax is for teleaid. I think the fibers are for Comand. There should also be some d-sub connectors is there also for Comand and/or Teleaid.

Did insurance pay for the whole fix? How much plastic did they have to use?
Old 03-30-2002, 01:16 AM

C230 coupe 6sp
I have $0 deductible on comprehensive, so insurance paid the whole deal. The owner told me they put in almost no filler on the rear quarter panel because it pulled out so well. The front fender was replaced, so no filler there, and the door was only damaged right at the area where it meets the front quarter panel by the mirror. They straightened that edge without using any filler too. The roof had a dent just behind the windshield which they pulled, and then had to use some filler to feather into the rest of the roof. The contours and bodylines all came out perfect. I was most concerned about the line that runs below the glass through the door handle, but it is perfect. Be careful with your mirrors-they cost 800.00 to replace.
I really like the clean look of the steel roof, which is why I ordered it that way. I think the sunroof looks ok on a black car, but not so good on the other colors. Personal preference.
I have to say it was a joy to drive the C230 again after driving my Dodge Dakota R/T for the past month. It is a crude beast compared to the Mercedes.