C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

2005 C230 aux chord

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-11-2016 | 06:50 PM

2005 c230
2005 C230 aux chord

Hello, I'm new here to these forums. I've read up extensively about the aux chord that can be installed that gives you a spot to hook up an aux chord through the glove box. I see that's an option. But, while searching eBay, I found this:

https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/172120776505

It seems to be a chord that plugs in directly to the back of the head unit, and feeds you the jack right from there. They claim it improves sound quality, as I've read that some people have sound issues when going through the glove box. My question is if anyone has ever used this? The item description says that it fits the w203. My unit has the aux option available when I hold the cdc button down, so I think it would work. It just a matter of where it goes on the back side. Anyone ever use one of these or have any pics/advice about it? Just trying to get some info before purchase.
Old 03-11-2016 | 10:46 PM
VVF
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 C230K(sold), Mk7 Jetta
Well, I guess if they claim it fits then it should fit.
Question is, is your car is already pre-wired?
It's much easier to connect at the passenger kick panel than to tear apart the center console and connect this cable to the Headunit.
This cable eliminates one connection (i.e. ipod -> cable -> glovebox socket -> headunit vs. ipod -> cable -> headunit), I would be surprised if it improved the sound quality by any noticeable amount though.

Edit: by "no loss of sound quality" I think they mean compared to FM transmitters and such.

Last edited by VVF; 03-11-2016 at 10:49 PM.
Old 03-11-2016 | 11:17 PM

2005 c230
Originally Posted by VVF
Well, I guess if they claim it fits then it should fit.
Question is, is your car is already pre-wired?
It's much easier to connect at the passenger kick panel than to tear apart the center console and connect this cable to the Headunit.
This cable eliminates one connection (i.e. ipod -> cable -> glovebox socket -> headunit vs. ipod -> cable -> headunit), I would be surprised if it improved the sound quality by any noticeable amount though.

Edit: by "no loss of sound quality" I think they mean compared to FM transmitters and such.

Thanks for the response! Yeah I've seen that and for sure that seems to be the easier method. I just saw that chord for way cheaper than the 40 dollar glove box chord and wondered if it would be worth the benefit of price and sound quality at the exchange of some extra labor. I just want to know if it really does plug straight in before I buy it, so I think I'm going to hold off until someone confirms it does. Nothing would suck more than to tear apart the head unit and find out it doesn't plug right in haha