C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

What should i snag from a sport

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-20-2016, 07:49 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2001 C320
What should i snag from a sport

Well i already have a list of some parts those are

17" wheels
Front Brakes
Shift knob (it has a star mine does not)
Small deck lid lip spoiler (same black as my car, and its free so why not)
Leather bound Mercedes CD holder (not a part but i got it anyway)

Ohhh a little more info might be good huh lol, ok so i have a 01 C320 i dont think there is an option i dont have and everything is great working condition.

The car Im kind of scouring is a 07 C230 sport, that appears to have been owned by either a less than average teenager, or one of the producers of the Fast and furious movies, It still looks alright but its a money pit so i can kind of swap the parts i dont want with ones i want before it hits auction.

Just wondering if there is anything else i might not know of that would be a upgrade or improvement over some of things in the 01.

I got a small window of time to get what i want of it so i just want to make the most of it.
Old 04-22-2016, 11:29 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
2021 GLC300 4Matic
get all of the suspension components i.e. sway bars, shocks, springs, tie rod ends, bushings.

get all of the interior parts if they match color; your interior parts are probably at a point where when you pull on them they either crack or break.

get the brakes components i.e calipers, rotors if they are still good.

front and rear bumpers, side skirts and trim.

as far as engine components go, these are two different engines so very little can be used.
The following users liked this post:
Baldeelox (04-12-2017)
Old 04-22-2016, 11:25 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2001 C320
Actually my interior is really solid, combination of taken care of decently and Oklahoma atmosphere, doesn't really get dry here, really really hot sometimes but always humid.

I kind of thought of that though, it has this weird exotic wood with a cool looking smoked gray greenish finish, needs some love but cool looking, the problem is the 07 center stack is completely different than the 01 more square and all the buttons are just kind of cheaper looking IMO, from what i have read on here the fiber optics in the 01 is basically unique to the 01, guess they changed them after that.

I wanted the front bumper cover, but it and the rear have been damaged multiple times skirts were just beaten on for to long.

Sway bars are cool didn't know they were different i will grab those. Brakes are what started all this, originally i just wanted the wheels but they are 17 mine are 16 (and it has to remain drive able at least few hundred yards anyway so i my wheels have to go on it) and then i found out i could swap them right in and get bremebos and rotors then the we fell down the well it seems LOL

Im putting in a full HR touring cup i think its called, with matched springs shocks and struts at which point i will rebuild the entire suspension.

I really like going around a killer set of curves, its not bad factory but the stupid "safe understeer" kills the fun sometimes when you got it hung out there.