C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

AUX with new command

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-18-2016, 11:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 W203 C-Class Coupe 220 CDI
AUX with new command

Hello.
I have bought my 2006 W203 C-class coupe and the thing I think is essential is the AUX feature. I was checking out the forum and I must admit I am a bit lost considering the fact that I am a total noob when it comes to doing things like that. Also I don't want to get something broken. So I bought the car with new command already in there and I was wondering if the AUX feature will be normally working with it.
And its the command I have:

I haven't checked if the plug is near the passenger seat because I don't know how to remove the panels without breaking everything. Also I went to the MB in Poland and asked about the AUX harness but they weren't sure about the part no so I found this one (can someone confirm it is proper one for my car?) 210 440 50 05 and they said its 180 PLN so almost $50. I don't want to get ripped off and found this avilable in my country. Is it safe to plug in this non MB cable saving $40 or better pay $50 for MB part and be sure this thing works fine?

The seller says it is compatible with Audio20, Audio50 APS,
Comand APS (NTG2 only).
And next question is about the quality of the sound. Lots of people said that the AUX is about 40% quieter than the FM or CD. It was a problem because they were using old iPods or its just the problem with the MB aux? I wanted to plug there my Samsung Galaxy S5 and I am wondering if the sound loss will be there.
And the last question is if anyone can advise how to run the aux cord like someone made it in these pictures:

Thanks in advance,
Adam
Old 06-18-2016, 10:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 72 Likes on 56 Posts
2007 Mercedes E550
Originally Posted by adamgradeq
Hello.
I have bought my 2006 W203 C-class coupe and the thing I think is essential is the AUX feature. I was checking out the forum and I must admit I am a bit lost considering the fact that I am a total noob when it comes to doing things like that. Also I don't want to get something broken. So I bought the car with new command already in there and I was wondering if the AUX feature will be normally working with it.
And its the command I have:

I haven't checked if the plug is near the passenger seat because I don't know how to remove the panels without breaking everything. Also I went to the MB in Poland and asked about the AUX harness but they weren't sure about the part no so I found this one (can someone confirm it is proper one for my car?) 210 440 50 05 and they said its 180 PLN so almost $50. I don't want to get ripped off and found this avilable in my country. Is it safe to plug in this non MB cable saving $40 or better pay $50 for MB part and be sure this thing works fine?

The seller says it is compatible with Audio20, Audio50 APS,
Comand APS (NTG2 only).
And next question is about the quality of the sound. Lots of people said that the AUX is about 40% quieter than the FM or CD. It was a problem because they were using old iPods or its just the problem with the MB aux? I wanted to plug there my Samsung Galaxy S5 and I am wondering if the sound loss will be there.
And the last question is if anyone can advise how to run the aux cord like someone made it in these pictures:

Thanks in advance,
Adam
I added a little Bluetooth dongle ($5) and my aux connection is totally wireless from my iPhone Pandora!