C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Electrical Problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-29-2016, 08:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C55
Electrical Problem

Hey yall! Need your help for my 203.

A month ago while driving, the cars electronics stopped working while I was driving (all gauges turned off, hvac non responsive, no turn signals, cant open windows/sunroof) which I attributed to the battery being old. I went to the dealership that day and purchased a new MB battery and plugged it in.

Fast forward, car is still having this problem. I will be driving for about 10 minutes then the same thing happens OR if the car has been off or sitting outside for a few hours and I crank the car on, none of the electronics work. I will recrank a few times then sometimes everything works again. ESP disabled will come up and a check engine will come on. After I shut the car off, ESP disabled and the check engine lights go away.

The only other problem I've had was that my dvd navigation stopped working all of a sudden as well (around the same time). It wouldn't read my disc, so I ejected the disc and it wouldnt auto load, and I accidently jammed it back in bc I'm an idiot.

Based on forum searching, some common problems are the voltage regulator and the radio. Any other ideas? I want to know what I'm getting into before I go. Time to ditch and get a corolla?